Psychology

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Morbid_Angel, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Okay, Frued thinks our unconscious, which is not accessible still continues to influence our behaviour greatly in many ways. What's your opinion on this theory of his?

2. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

@d_ist - I aint a femnist! I just think they are...jaw droppingly unbelievable.

3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the stages?

4. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

This thread is anti "igt".

5. Morbid_Angel

Yes, I believe ultrabot finds the stages and the fixations quite unbelievable.

6. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

Prolly, if you guys can start some phychological (ignore the spell) discussions here (all above seems like jus chitchat) and please share the book too....

or let me start:
    What exactly is a diff between a phychologist and a phychatarist (ignore the spells, again)???

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I can't imagine people discussing psychology unless they've got theories to propound (and they should tend to refrain, even so). It's an art and not a science.

There you go. Discuss that.

8. Morbid_Angel

It's a friggin' science! -_-

9. Morbid_Angel

10. Morbid_Angel

@Atoz
    A psychologist helps a patient with counseling and psychotherapy. A psychiatrist can do that and also prescribe medicines. A psychologist can be called a doctor (PhD) and a psychiatrist is a doctor (MD) with specialization in psychology.

11. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

hmmm.. kool... tht make sense.... Thanks Morbid...

Okay does someone have to make the patient feel tht they are sick or they know by themself.. what can be various stages of it .... if madness is the last stage???

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

What on earth does that link even prove? Surely nomenclature can be incorrect?

Ah, what is ironic is that if you actually read down you see that the person agrees with me.

In attempting to evaluate the status of psychology as a scientific study, the American Psychological Association appointed Sigmund Koch to conduct a study, employing over eighty noted scholars in assessing the facts, hypotheses, and methods of psychology. In 1983, the results were published in a series entitled 'Psychology: A Study of Science'. Koch describes what he believes to be the delusion in thinking of psychology as a science: The truth is that psychological statements which describe human behavior or which report results from tested research can be scientific. However, when there is a move from describing human behavior to explaining it there is also a move from science to opinion.

And reading further I say I couldn't have put it better myself.

So go on. Discuss. I personally find discussing art rather trying.

13. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

We shall, thank you.

I'm sure.

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

don't take that tone with me.

15. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

^It's neutral. Surely you prefer that to aggression? o_O

16. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

disturbed n bjr certainely need psychatarist....

can superstition cause a psycho? n then the first ques still need attention.

17. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Cause a psycho?

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You did not discuss or perhaps you misunderstood. I meant:

Discuss whether psychology is an art and not a science. Let's try not to get too technical shall we? That totally killed your last thread.

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I have a therapist. Does that count? She's even convenient to visit since she lives inside of me.

20. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

^ you r a winner .....

really ....

evryday i m hurting me physically .... n she calms me then ....

ummm... actually (i think) ur a patient too....