Ps3

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Nov 12, 2006.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Anybody get it yet? Anybody know anybody who got it? Can we get some details about performance or some shite like that?

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

"Play station is shite" - Durga stutram - Yajur Veda

jamhead likes this.
  3. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

plan to buy it soon .....

is ther any1 who can gift it

4. shak

shak Harrr!

.. i guess it has been released in japan at the moment .. that too only 100,000 units :S ..

it is an impressive machine .. clockin at 3.2GHz x7 Cell processors, dedicated graphics and sounds chips, blue-ray disc player HDMI support and upto 1080p resolution ..

but at 325 pounds (approximated) .. i think its just a waste of money

i wont get one .. never would any of my friends (as far as i know) .. i would rather get myself Wii (only 179 pounds plus mario!)

5. 325 pounds! bullcrap!

6. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

tht price is right

7. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

dont know i did not come across any recently ie 2 weeks ago when i went to japan....:think:

8. shak

shak Harrr!

^ released in japan just yesterday :) ..

P.S: .. 2-0 spy?? 2-0???!!!

9. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

kkkkkk

@ shak yep we are having our a$$es kicked 2-0 :shame: .... (was expected though)

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I cant bloody afford a X-box 360. PS3 is outta question.

Im planning to purchase a Nintendo DS soon. The games own the PSP games.

Devilshly_Pur$ likes this.
  11. shak

shak Harrr!

^ amen to that .. psp is a good console (very good) but it lacks good games .. and recently i dont see any new titles :S
    DS has some really nice games .. nintendo has this ..i dunno ... 'cute' factor that makes it really catchy for some reason .. go for DS lite .. much better screen and form factor ..

12. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Yeah Im going for the DS lite.
    The only sad part is that the games are very expensive here.

Regarding the PS3, it might have been overbooked and outta stock, but in the long run I have feeling that Wii and 360 will lead the charge.

13. shak

shak Harrr!

^ depends on the game titles .. PS3 would bring out games for serious harcore racing/RPG/FPS/RTS gamers ... xbobx might not be able to cope with that and microsoft gaming studios might find themselves over worked ..
    so i believe ps3 will lead xbox only due to content available on sony' platform ..

in this regard Wii stands no chance .. almost all of nintendo's titles have pretty colours and cartoon characters .. the guys who have played wolfenstein/ quake all their life would find Wii .. a little boring

it all depends on titles and content .. hardware dont mean anything anymore.... cuz i was at the Gamestop shop few days ago and i couldnt tell the difference between demo xbobx360's graphics and old xbox i've got at home ..

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

^The rage PS2 caused with the DVD Rom drive was just too massive, somehow I have a feeling that PS3 is not able to create the same excitement with the Blu-ray DVD drive.
    The current titles shipping with the PS3 seem rushed. Already Genji and Tony Hawk 8 have got mixed reviews with Genji seem to betting some hardcore battering already.

X-Box 360 was released last year and they already have some amazing titles under the belt. Moreover Microsoft studios is publishing Halo 3 and Fable 2 which are to be expected not far from now. They have a few decent Japanese-esque titles under the belt and have done decently in Japan.

Wii's controller pwns :)
    I just love Nintendo products, they come out with the most amazing stuff ever. The DS and now Wii, the nxt game in the Zelda franchise is gonna be kickass with the ability to swing the Wii remote as a real sword. I might purchase it if given a choice.

15. shak

shak Harrr!

Blue ray wont flog the ps3 cuz we have HD dvd as a rival format .. and the high definition disc systems are at a split between blueray and HD dvd (as yet) .. infact that blue ray system might cause ps3 sale slump if blue ray format loses the HD battle to HD dvd format .. it is a big gamble for anyone who is to purchase ps3

as for the controllers ... the ps3's 'sixaxis' controllers also feature motion sensors (rip-offs!!) but they can never come close to wii's controllers ..

16. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I saw this X-Box 360 demo at an electronics' mall here and it was quite obvious that the quality of the games is best seen on a HD-TV with those expensive cables. On an ordinary TV it looks very average.

The only thing I like about Microsoft's X-Box Live service is that they are encouraging many independent studios to develop games and distribute them as episodic content or full games via the Live service. This is a pretty neat distribution model.

BTW there are a few games for the PS3 which are integrating the PSP too. Like a particular racing game allows the PSP to be places on the TV and can be used as a rear view mirror.

17. RjDon

RjDon Banned

We have Ps3 and all sorts of games selling here for so cheap. and in some places they are giving out this for free. you just have enter the competition. Some of my friends won them! Oh and Ps3 is lame i would rather by xbox 360. It's awesome.

18. shak

shak Harrr!

@wizard: yeah that ordinary TV vs. HD ready TV does make a huge difference ..

as for the microsoft encouraging developers to use their xbox live service and make available episodic games .. well not every one has access to fast internet connection! and you need good IC to download stuff off the xbox live service .. but yeah it is something! .
    i am not sure but i think sony's got some internet thingy goin on with PS3 as well .. will look this up...
    and yeah PS3 is designed to work hand-in-hand with PSP over WiFi ..... yeah like you spend 325 pounds on the console 50 pounds on the game and another 180 pounds on a rearview mirror(PSP)??
    i dunno but it just seems like PS3 has eventually become a toy for corporate kids only ..

@rjDon: ... game giveouts already?!! where you from???

19. RjDon

RjDon Banned

Some where. But they giving some companies are giving them out for free.

20. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Where you from?