Prs paul allender se guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by SATRIANI10, Apr 25, 2013.

1. SATRIANI10

SATRIANI10 New Member

Hi everyone,I am planning to buy a new PRS PAUL ALLENDER SE.
    Buy Prs Electric Guitar Paul Allender Se Signature Purple Burst Papb Online | Best Prs Electric Guitars in India | Furtados Online
    I don't have any experience with electric guitars so I am kinda confused what other accessories should I buy with it,please mention the important accessories,also what amps should I buy to go along with this guitar,as there is a problem of light in our place I would like to know if the amps can be powered by battery.
    On the website they have stated 70375,is that the best buy for this guitar,I'm gonna but it from Furtados Delhi - Lajpat Nagar I think as they are nearest to my place,do they keep quality material,I mean do they keep fresh material.
    And what specs must I check before purchasing a guitar so as to know that it's working perfectly.
    I mostly listen to Joe Satriani,Mark Knofler,Coldplay and Buckethead etc. would that guitar suite if I wanna play Joe Satriani stuff on it or is an Epiphone Les Paul a better option-
    Buy Epiphone Electric Guitar Les Paul Standard Plus Top Vintage Sunburst Ensvsch1 Online | Best Epiphone Electric Guitars in India | Furtados Online
    Please reply soon I'm planning to get it really soon,all help would be highly appreciated.

2. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

Hi,

I have the same model also purchased from Furtados in July '12 but for much lesser and with same pups. Mine is Emerald Green though. Its an excellent guitar no doubt about it. To answer your other questions we need to know how much experience you have in playing any type of Guitar ?

3. SATRIANI10

SATRIANI10 New Member

Hi Shubham,thanks for the reply,I would like to tell you that this will be my first Electric Guitar,before it I have played acoustic for quite a long time(nearly 4 years),actually played only rhythm guitar but never made any progress,I think that I am out of the beginner phase and entering the intermediate phase,I don't sing along as of now and I am planning to learn whole lot of scales,stuff like this is what I wanna play-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79VZR1iBEg0
    PAUL GILBERT, JOHN PETRUCCI & JOE SATRIANI G3 - Always With Me, Always With You - YouTube
    Please recommend appropriate amps to go along,and at how much did you purchased yours.

4. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

Hi,

Experience with Rhythm helps but lead requires its own practice. Its better if you dont try to get the best equipment when you are just starting to learn (lead guitar i.e.). Buy good equipment and save the best for the time when you have got the basics right. Since you are just starting out its better to get a fixed bridge 22 fret so that fingers have to overcome less tension and the frets are marginally further apart, bends are easier too. This way you will just focus on getting your technique right and not worry about getting fancy action off the whammy bar.

For the amp too buy something in the 15w-20w from Line6/Roland/Peavy in the 10k range and you should be good.

Remember your Guitar/Amp is only as good as you are.

Btw, i payed about 60k for min and have put it up for sale coz i want something cheaper.

P.S: I don't intend to be preachy at all, just telling you from my experience. I did not made enough progress in my lead from 1998 to 2012 that i made from 2012 to 2013, all because of practice. I am still a beginner and not at all good compared to 90% of the folks here. But i guess i can share some experience with a fellow guitarist.

5. SATRIANI10

SATRIANI10 New Member

Thank you for your suggestion Shubham,I have made my mind to get PRS,no worry about the practice,I will devote fixed time for it ,please tell me the amps to go along with Allender's signature guitar,which one are you using and why you selling your guitar,what's the logic with getting cheaper.

6. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

Well on selling the Guitar. I think its more of a habit thing, i get bored soon. This is my 11th. I think when i die i would have owned all the models from all the guitar brands :). I want to own a RG (or Saber may be) and use the extra cash somewhere else. Are you interested ? Even if you fly to Bangalore and pick mine it will be cheaper than buying a new one :).

Anyway, i have a Zoom G3 which i run through a Laney AH50. This amp does not affect the signal from G3 so i get almost the same sound as i get when using headphones. Earlier i used to own a Line6 Spider IV 15W which is decent enough. I have heard on this forum that the ones in Peavey Vypr series are quite good. Check them out.