processr for 5k

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by born2tab, Jan 17, 2007.

1. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

I am planning to buy a basic processor for ma electric.
    I have a budget of 5k.
    I have the shortlisted the following models for ma purchase
    1.Digitech RP50
    2.Zoom G2
    3.korg(i dont remember the model name but the price was 4200 here in blore)

Kindly help me choose..shreyas has already recommended the zoom G2.:beer:

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Zoom G2 is cool. The Korg you would have seen is AX10G. It has warmer tones compared to G2 but as a overall thing G2 would be my choice......

Dude....There;s something about you setting that your messages always goes to the extreme right end of my computer......It goes beyond the screen....make it unreadable for me......I have to copy it and paste it to a notepad before I could read yours.........No idea why it's like this....It happens only with your messages and The Devil's messages......

3. born2tab

:think: aisa kyun....which browser are u using...go for mozilla...i hope u wont find any bugs there....

By the way ronnie thanks for the G2 recommendations...
    how wud u rate digitech???

Coz i have no idea of them

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ronnie: message or post?

Get a second hand KOR G AX100G - nothing like it.

I thinik I have seen sell-ad for it on teh RSJ forums.

5. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

i've got an rp 50

it is good if u r planning to get a better processor later ie in around 1 year....

zoom g2 is more than 5k i think

6. born2tab

^^no zoom g2 is 5k on bajaao.com...

@alpha...thanks for info..will search thr too.

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

@born2 : are u gonna be using all effects? cus i ddont think u will be using more than a distortion and reverb/echo...so i suggest analog...probably a DS-1 2,800 + with the rest 2.2k u can get 2 behringer pedals i think...i know behringer = junk in all peoples heads but c'mon they arent that bad....so maybe u want to look into just 2 analogs?

8. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

the zoom G2 anyday, available for 3.9k in kolkata. RP50 is 4.3k.

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Keep away from Analog Pedals......When you are beginning, Analog pedals can be so limiting....Like you cannot use them to play Blues, Rock, Metal all with one.......Get a G2. Once you are in line with knowing what you want, go for pedals, till then processors.....

10. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

wooow nobody is up for rp 50? i found that to be quite decent as a processor....

11. shahbaz.arshad

shahbaz.arshad New Member

hi if ur form Bangalore u will get what u r looking for is far moor cheaper rate in SultanPait near Mejestic.
    try it out and bargain how much ever u want..

12. born2tab

^^man m not too familiar with that majestic area..n e ways will give it a shot too while i go for the purchase

13. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

The G2 will give awesome effects so you can probably use it like me later once you get other analog pedals for just effects. Its got great clean sounds....best i've heard from any pedal. My other guitarist has a Korg AX100G i think (not sure its either 10g ot 100g) but he started using my pedal cause his pedal was'nt cutting a warm enough sound live.

14. born2tab

thanks sridhar!!! so everyonez recommending a G2...so let it b G2..will update u once i purchase it...hey how about the patch collection of g2???

15. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

The patches preset are'nt really too good but they give you an idea bout what the pedal is about. But dont think that the pedal is geared up for a certain genre...it can handle lots. One more thing i LOVE bout this pedal is the harmonizer...awesome sounds.
    You can make some great sounds on your own too.

But again if you get a chance play with the korg and digitech if you can too. Zoom's definitely better than the RP50 though.

16. born2tab

Ok final qs...

The Zoom G2 or the Korg Ax10g...???
    which one shud i go for...do consider the patch presets

17. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

dont consider the patches presets
    you can always fin patches for your fav song

18. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea....thats not a biggie here...