Processor shoot out...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Myth_Pharoah, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Ok, I'm kinda deciding on whether to buy a processor or guitar if I save up about 18k, because if I start giging soon I'll definately need a good processor, and my givson isn't so bad after a few tweaks.

So for under 20k what is the best processor available?

The best processors right now are the Boss GT-6, Boss ME-50, Korg Ax1500g, right? The digitechs are all expensive.

Which one is the best? I mostly play early Metallica and a little Megadeth.

How does each cost?

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Go For AX1500 G.. Your type. GT6 is out of your budget Now.. (New import tax on Electronics) ..

3. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Which of the 2 has better od/dist? The boss has the mt-2 built in and exactly why I'm craving for it. How much is the gt-6 for anyway?

4. jayanth

Both are equally matched Gt6 is 30k+

5. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Hey dude, what about the Korg AX100g? Does it have enough dist/od effects to get Megadeth/Early Metallica sounds? Then I'll have monmey left to buy a guitar also.

6. jayanth

Yhea.. The early stuff yes.. But not the new Modern sounds..

7. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

What do you mean? To be blunt I'm looking for pure scratchy heavy OD for Kill 'em all kinda stuff, and smooth DIST for playing MoP kinds.

8. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

even i got a Korg AX100G. .. . but i don';t know its full functionality. . .someone at my college misplaced the manual if any. .. anybody can help . .. ?

9. jayanth

I have sound patches for Mop and Kill sounds and megadeth too. So i can probably give you the parameters and you can get that sound.. I have more stuff Sepultura, Pantera and stuff too. All created by me..

10. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Hmm, cool. That's 8.5 k right? Dude, for just another 7 k you can get a 1500g which is much better? How is the 1500g better?

11. jayanth

More effects better sound and more patches and easier handling.. But i thought you wanted to buy a guitar too.. Also The AX2000G is due to release in Nov(On my Bday :p) And they say its unbeatable..

12. abhay_saxena

how do you create patches in AX100G ??

13. jayanth

Sit with it give it some love and play and change parameters and till you ge tthe sound you need.. Then Give it a name and store it..

14. abhay_saxena

yeah thats what i am not understanding as to how to change it. . .could you give me some settings for some metallica songs like fade to black or bell tolls and so forth ... ?

15. jayanth

Will take time.. My processor is in My Jam room. .So i'll go there write down the values and pos it.. Sorry..

16. abhay_saxena

yeah i am in no immediate hurry .. .take your time. ..

17. jayanth

THanks for the Patience Pal..

18. Demon_nomeD

Demon_nomeD New Member

so jayanath babu ,you have patches for metallica sepultura pantera on a AX1500G?? yesssss please do post them out here, even i use a 1500g with a yamaha pacifica, made just 3 sounds 1 year back and have used them ever since :) (lets say no time:p ).
    BUt since you have made soem patches for cover versions ,i would love to listen to them, oh GOD wait, that geocities patches site is yours only na? jaynath hmm now i remember.is it??

19. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

well ...

jayanth is long banished from here ...

but i guess teh patches for AX100 would work on AX1500 also ...

20. MetalCore

MetalCore New Member

AX2000G ??? any info ?@ that