Processor Recommendation

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Sayan, Dec 9, 2005.

1. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Oh yeah...i personally find heavy metal booring ...hahaha. Its been a long while since i listened to Metallica but i do remember liking Ride the Lightning.

2. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

RELOAD IS GR8...........i think so..........as well as master of puppets.....

but now newsted is gone.................sooo sad.........st.anger is nothin but sht......

3. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Reload is Nu Age.. IN that case i would prefer Any System Of A Down Album to Reload..

4. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

dudes Mr Dave Mustane left metallica before Kill em all was recorded . 2 weeks before the recording of Kill em all (check the Metallica Vh1 / Megadeth Vh1 ) .. Mr Mustane was fired and Kirk Hammet came to take his place . Metallica were good up2 the black album .. after that they have nearly become a corporate sell out !

5. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Thanks for the info.. But who composed all or kill EM all??

6. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

I dunno what you guys think but Metallica has definitely laid my 'METAL FOUNDATION'. Most Indian bands or artists kinda feel that its 'Cool' to diss metallica and stuff but they have no choice but to accept that Metallica is one of the greatest Bands out there. Maybe their corporate sellouts now, but they will always remain the icons of metal. You think Metal and the Metallica logo will definitely come first in your mind.

Having said that I think Ride The Lightning is a metal masterpiece. Metallica outdid themselves with that one. Black to me is overrated.

7. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

I dont have the CD / Tape of Kill em all .. but listening to it .. i feel many of the riffs are By Dave Mustane . Check out the feel and aggression in the solo in wiplash .. looks to me that dave must have composed the solos . Another diffrence is tht after kill em all ..the ext album is way different in terms of musical aggression and type . I hrd frm a frnd tht there is mustane written under some songs in Kill em all . You could just check ot a cd in the store ...

I know people like to diss metalica and ther ARE METAL ICons no matter what . But i like em only upto the Black Album ... (a few singles after tht) .. Ride the lightning is a very very good musical work .. i agree . The music after black .. has changed completely .. i personally donnt feel tht music anymore . Consider the lastest album . St Anger ... man that is awfull .conisdering the pioneers of thrash metal !

PS: Isnt this thread going from "processor recomendation" too "metallica / megadeth" ???

Well as for processor recomendations i would like to tell you that its fially up2 the user to tweak his / her processor to get the ultimate tone . All good processors Gnx , Gt6 ..... work on a very similar internal logic . ++ Being competing companies .... there are certain up and downs in all of em . It up2 u to go to the market decide what you want it to be in it and buy the one u like (please try it out first) ...... Tones vary from guitar to guitar .. and so will your patches ! People tend to argu what is better Gnx or Gt series .. ill tell you a basic fact tht both are equal in terms of value / features , etc ... its u who sets a wrong or a correct patch .

And for all the rack supporters : I know rack systems are way better than floor processors . But thay do cost a huge bomb !! In getting the correct routing / effects done it would cost you a BOBSHELL ! you could buy a dozen Gt6 / Gnx in tht price . Its compact in a processor . u cn change ur setup in a flash by changing he patch . Ps : i am not against Rack systems !!

And the finall one no matter if you have a rack or a great floor processor ... if u cant tweak it properly .. ur screwed ... it will definitely sound bad . And also if ur external sound system is bad ...... then u are again doomed .

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Regarding the processor question: Dude I personally feel it is better at this stage to get a GT-6, not because it is better but because it offers more value for money.
    With the onslaught of GT-8, teh prices of GT-6 have dipped. GT-8 anyway is a beast of a processor but tad overpriced.

GT-6 and GT-8 do have a lot differences, however, many of those changes/new effect are subtle and you can live without them easily. GT-8 also has come up with new amp sims, a feature u can again live without (since GT-6 already had such fantastic amp modelling).

Regarding the ques of Dave Mustaine vs Metallica: Dave Mustaine is still a kid. His music even now is exactly same of what he used to do 20-30 years ago. Metallica on the other hand have matured a lot. (or "Commercialized" for some purists here). Frnakly speaking "Kill 'em All" has realy got some killer riffs (thanx to Mustaine n Hetfield) but compared to "Ride the Lightning" and "Master of Puppets" the riffs from Kill Em All doenst sound like ones coming from a mature band.
    Black album might have been overrated. but the fact reamins that it is still belongs to thrash metal genre, and has been one of the most popular album ever in that genre.

Now please dont insinuate that teeny-boppers who prefer Britney Spears etc made the album a SELL OUT. It was the metal heads + rockers who made it a success.

9. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Matured?? You call St. Anger Matured?? Oh god..

Anyways Its just personal preference...

10. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

St ANGER MATURED ???????? Oh Dear God !!!! Dude .... iknow megadeth are musicall one of the greatest metal acts ever . Lyrically megadeth is far superior to metallica .. dude check out megadeth album to album .. u willl get his maturity level . And ur calling Mustane a Kid ???? If you ever get time .. check out Mr Marty Firedman's solo album ...... it ROCks !!!!!!!

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ ashish : I'm with you.. Its not mature to bash these guys here.. Leave them alone..
    Its almost like trying to convince a cat that its acutally a dog.. LOL..

I love that album True Obsissions.. And Dragon's Kiss is also neat..

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ashish, may be u need to check the history of megadeth.
    Mr. Marty Friedman dropped out of Megadeth because Mr. Dave Mustaine was not willing to do anything other than Speed/Thrash metal (no experimentation etc).

Infact check out the albums after Marty Friedman left. There is absolutely nothing great. True u can say the same for Metallica (like after Cliff Burton's death n blah blah). But Metallica has dabbled with three different genres of metal and is still running high.

What about Megadeth?

B.T.W. Marty Friedman happens to be one of my favorite guitarists.

13. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

LOL.. If you want a real good band who keep improving their sound, Check out System Of a Down..

They aint the One Hit Wonder who played Chop Suey..

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

because he quit Megadeth :think: ???

anyway, he is now playing Japani Oriental stuff.....u into that by any chance?

15. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

Well Megadeth is Dave Mustane no anyone else .. so its he who is gnna decide what goes in there ... I feel a lot difference bween Ruct in Piece era to the Risk , Cryptic Writings Era . The music has changed a lot . And Metallica after black .. baring a few numbers r coming up with such stupid songs .. Its their poplarity uptillBlack that these new albums r sold !! St Anger .... oh my man .... they have managed to degrade themselves musically tht even new age punk college bands have more complex and better songs . Mr Kirk Hammet .. people adore him as a guitarist ... he couldnt play a solo in the entire Album ..whats wrong his amp not proper or did ESP stop giving him guitars cause they thought this is a waste of investment ??

For many people who dont know : Mr James even tells Kirk what solo to play !! Uptill black including Black Album .... every major solo is outlined by James yes it also ncludes Fade to Black .

Id like to tell you that everythng in metallica is done my James and Lars ( 99% ) .. kirk is just there to play fills . Megadeth is Dave Mustane and his dream and revenge against metallica . if he would not have taken in Marty Friedman in Megadeth .. agree there have might been a loss in music bt no one would have ever heard of Marty .

Imagine .. u write a song .. have a certain idea on what it is going to be .. y let anyone else come in and do someting different with it . Marty wanted to musically be a different perso .. he himself has said tht he is not the greatest fan of Metal .. !

Basically metallica 95% of the times are stuck on Eminor .... megadeth ventures into different modes and styles (check the differences in soloing thr discography) ....... After Marty left ...... music did change ..but world needs a hero is a good album .. after tht was Mustanes hand peoblem .. and then as he himself has said in an interview ..... he owed the record companies a album ..so he got system has failed ......... And Megadeth are gong to be Disbanding after the Tour ...

Ps: shouldnt we start a different Thread on Metallica Vs Megadeth nstead of putting in this one ??

16. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

earlier there was

now they have matured to produce this

@ashish...plz do that in the musc talk...we are going way offtopic here

17. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

yes yes we r going way of topic .. i'm sorry !

Processor dude : u got any finalists ? i would recomend u to go for the Gutar Workstation .. due to Gnx5 being released next year ,, 4 is drpped down to 24k .

18. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Have you heard kirk sing? He has a baby voice.. BEsides the point As he said Playing Eminor for three albums and downtuning for the rest.. LOL..

talk about variations, Mustain invented the spider riffing.. How about that?/

anyways sorry for offtopic..

19. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Zepplin is the best metal band ever and Jimmy Page is the best riffer ever

20. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

dudes please dont go offtopic ...... this dude here wants to buy a processor and we have ended up on argiung over metallica / megadeth / riffers ...... please lets discuss it in the music disc section ....