Processor Recommendation

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Sayan, Dec 9, 2005.

1. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

So here is ome stuff for everyone who think Boss is crap :p

Listen to Liquid Groove..

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

:shock:
    My god!! Do i have to spell it out to u????

See this is what we are saying ---instead of spendin 30k on a Boss Gt8 you can use the same amount on a high end rack setup. We all know that racks can screw Boss Gt8 anyday then why for christs sake is it(boss gt8) priced the same????? Now atleast do u get it??? or do you need another paragraph explaining what i just said???

And Ive already replied to Sudhin's post already.

3. chintan9

Dude anirban hardly uses any distortion!!!! he is super low on gain. I have always said that boss Gt 6 or Gt8 has good effects but a sucky distortion.

Also, did you know that Anirban had set patches on the Boss Gt8 for Abrar. And guess what Abrar hates the lead and rhythm patches but loves the clean patches.

BOTTOM LINE- Boss GT series has crappy distortion but good effects.

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@HindiRox. Accept your ignorance about racks. Who told you that they cannot be used here in India with a 30 minute slot. It'd just take you the same time to set up if you know how to do it. It's just like your processor but sitting separately from the foot pedals. With my pedal board I just need as much time as the other guitairst who is plugging in the KorgAX1500G. If you just know what to buy, racks can get cheaper than your Boss GT8 which wont match it. Infact pedals can get expensive than racks too. They are just different animals. You can chose to get stuck up in your small world of Boss processors and refuse to look at anything else. Given $1000 for your setup I am sure you will only wait for Boss GT20 to come in the market to buy it or you;d buy a bunch of processors. Whatever GT8 is not worth the money. Feel free to get ripped off and feel happy about it.

5. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey but not many can afford racks !!!!!!!!

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Who said GT8 costs 30k.. I got it for 16k.. :p Suckers...

Ronnie .. I'll give you a budget of 18k.. Let me see you give me a specification for a rAck in 18k.. If you do, i"ll definately buy it.. It should meet all my requirements..

Hmmm Of all the people.. Who are into gear.. Do you think i'd get ripped off..

Now keep wondering why i'm happy with my Boss Gt8..(16k is just cheap)..

Dudes who think the price is :p.. I got it for a good price.. I'm not like a person who will worship something and buy it no matter what its price.. I'm a ****ing oppurtunististic person who will shell out only when its good.. So if you think i have to "Accept your ignorance about racks" wait for a little while longer.. Let me just get good at playing and then i'll think about buying more gear..

And Finally @ Ronnie : A Band Takes minimum of 5 mins to setup.. I dont play in a band who has a crew of 16 members who will load up the rack on stage and hook it up to the monitors.. By the way.. THE SNAKE which goes to the SOUND CONSOLE needs a splitter in order to have a rack hooked up to the monitor..

Oh For people who still think i've no idea about racks, i've tested TC Electronic G Major, and G Force, God i know about racks.. Ask Sudhin.. I've asked him a lot of questions about Rack Casing and stuff if he remembers.. And Guess what he suggested, HE TOLD ME TO USE AMPLITUBE.. And i USE IT On Stage too..

@ Chintan : If you thought we just used Reason 3 on stage, Dude dream on.. All the amplifier models we used were thru Amplitube..

So anymore people here want more GYAN?

7. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

^^Amplitube is just awesome. If you have a zero latency sound card you can download the amplitube live version and be in heaven (for atleast 30 days). It's way better than the guitarport ( also very good actually but amplitube better for pure tone though line 6 beats it for effects). Another good contender for home or stage use is the guitar Rig which i liked better than amplitube ( you can buy the foot controller and use it for stage). It even has reverse delay,digitch whammy pedal and a few high quality effects and amps.

8. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

You can use footcontroller with AMplitube too.. I bought it.. Dude this also has a seperate Digital Whammy.. I just couldnt afford the footcontroler.. No 30 days worry though..

Reversse delay i have in GT8..

9. chintan9

It makes me laugh when you lie. :beer:

When did this reason 3 thingy come up??? what are you talkin about????

10. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Just telling you.. I seriously got it for 16k.. Whats there to lie?

I'm saying the most kiddish thing ever.. Ask my parents.. Or ask Nachiketh to ask his Friend Abhi who stays in my Apartment.. LOL.. Sometimes there are somethings called DISCOUNT COUPONS.. LOL>.

The Reason 3 thingy was just info.. Amplitube instead of a rack is what Sudhin suggests..

11. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

chorai tha kya???? 16 k ka gt8??:p:

12. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Nahi.. Some sale and I have membership in Musicians Friend.. I capitalized on that.. The first time you get disocunt..

13. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

whtever !!!!!!!!! dude ... why not sell some to all of ujs at that price!!!!!!

14. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Lets see.. I've got a lot of people lot of stuff.. When the next person is coming down to India.. I'll let y'all know..

My bro is coming on 23rd but he is loaded already..

15. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

y cant u make him "reloaded"???:p:

16. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Cause i hate Metallica and their albums after Dave LEft...

17. chintan9

DUDE!!!!!!!!! was that a joke???? too bad!!

18. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

No dude.. Seriously.. Kill Em All and thats it.. After that i really dont like to listen to any of their stuff.. Just one time thats it.. But i do like Jason Newsted.. And their live concerts..

19. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Bhagwan...Ride the Lightning is way better than Kill EM all.

20. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

I like Four Horsemen, Whiplash, and Seek mainly.. From Ride i guess there are good songs.. No idea dude.. I actually like a couple of songs from MOP and AJFA.. But overall not my fav band.. Too much poliics and :p