Processor Recommendation

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Sayan, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Sayan

Sayan New Member

Can anyone tell me what Processor should I go for with Rs. 15000 to Rs.18000?
    How much would a Boss GT8 cost? And what is the difference btwn Gt6 and GT8?

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

For that range i think you can get a Digitech GNX3 or you can also consider Toneworks AX3000G. I think the GT-8 is in the 25k-30k range.

3. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Yes GNX 3 is good..

I own GT8.. Have seen GT6.. Just the quality and software took a big leap in GT8.. Also the tones are better.. Amps are better.. Basically GT8 rox..

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

For 25K+ GT8 sucks big time. If GT8 comes for 14K or 15K, then it's a great buy. GT8 is decent but not worth the money it's being quoted. Get a Rocktron Intelliflex or TC Electronic G Major or Alesis Quadraverb Clean Rack and Rocktron Gainiac II Distortion all for about $400 and another $100 for a nice Foot Switch with expression pedal. This will sound way better than the GT8 crap. You get all Clean Effects, Midi, USB, everything with it plus a pro sound to top it. So for less than GT8 price, you can have a Pro setup. But for about 12K to 15K GT8 will be a great grab. But dont pay anything more than that. It's just not worth after that. Any processor for more than 20K is madness. Too much money for make believe s.hit.

5. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Ahem.. Excuse me.. But GT8 doesnt sound like crap.. Its just too good.. Not my own review.. MANY MANY other people feel the same.. You just cannot work gigs our with a Rack atleast here in India.. You are given stage time of 30 mins.. What do you do.. Load up the Rack, Hook up the amps, moniters, Then to PA.. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP Times up.. You cannot ork with a rack here.. Think in all aspects..

GT8 is a good grab whatever its price in our OL Country..

The only reason you say this is cause you like pedals.. Agreed.. But Processors are costly and effective..

6. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

I agree and disagree with you here.
    Firstly Boss GT8 is no comparison for a rack setup. Racks can burn those Gt8's!!!
    Secondly, you dont deserve Racks if you are playing only 30 min gigs. Its a waste of money if you going to spend 30k on a setup just to play in college competitions.

7. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

RACKS can Burn any processor ANY day.. Agree..

Aint it obvious.. Am i contesting the greatness of Rack.. Nah i cant.. Racks just speak for themselves..

8. chintan9

Totally!!
    12k -15k is the right price for a Boss Gt8.

9. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Ha ha ha..Cheapskates.. Shell out for the best..

10. chintan9

see thats what im talking about. Boss Gt8 is far from the best!!

your contradictin yourself.

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

I meant you need to spend to get the best i,e GT8, Racks or ANYTHING..

Am not contradicting myself..

Can you expect A Merc to be costing same as a Maruthi 800?

Similarly you cannot expect GT8 to be 12-15k..

12. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

gt8 is 23000 in kolkata

and if u wanna take it from fancy market wid no papers....den u got it for 10-12k

13. sudhin

sudhin New Member

guys dont quibble over opinions - grow up - each one is entitled to his own so crap is certainly a hard word to use for a product from a legend like Roland whose product's purpose perhaps may be misunderstood by you since you are talking about racks and preamps against a floor board processor- which means you have not understood Sayan's requirement.

Sayan, what you need to do as a learning guiarists is - listen for yourself - audition each product you can and value each product towards the tone you aim to achieve at a price you can afford all the other discussions and opinions are meaningless - all except yours - since only you know what your dream tone sounds like - go for it. ( even Satriani uses a cheap DS1 Boss distortion pedal with some (processing gear) and I just hate that pedal - but can one argue/debate with Satriani over his tone and cost of the pedal? Thats just him - love him or hate him thats his tone - so you go find yours and YENJOY.!

Look at Brian may's ( Queen) amp - its a little battery powered box 4 inches square with no controls not even volume and his guitar is home made ---- wake up guys - its what you do with what you have that counts not brands and fancy gizmos..........those are all excuses.

14. chintan9

Hahahaha
    Well thats what Both(anand and me) of us are saying. The Merc(RACK setup) cannot cost as much as the Maruti 800( Boss Gt8)------- Dude think before you type!!!

15. chintan9

Yup I totally agree with you there. Its better to try the processor for yourself and see if it satisfies your every need than rely on the reviews by morons like us.

Im just bashing Gt8 coz MR HINDI ROX overthere cant stop thinking that its the best(the problem is that he hasnt tried ALL high end processors to even compare).

16. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

I've tried all the high end processor dude.. Including a Rocktron Intelliflex, GNX 4 , Line 6 POD Xt, I own a Pod 2.0(ON SALE GUYS), and lots more..

A rack setup costs as much as it does.. I never said a Rack is worth buying it its 6Grand.. LOL..

We're talking about the price of GT8 and you are comparing the prices of GT8 and a Rack Setup which is completely childish.. And you completely misunderstood Rons post..

A GT8 has its price too.. At no point have i said anything about the rack and Gt8 costing the same but you mentioned and said THINK BEFORE YOU POST!! LOL

Again when did i ever say that Racks are comparable to GT8? All i'm saying is that GT8 is not crap.. And read Sudhin's post..

17. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Just a question...y dont indian bands use stompboxes??...i went to a gig yesterday, and these two bands Joint Family and Bhayanak Maut...playing with some hig end Ibanez and a GT8...baap re, horrendous. I mean, the distortion was so synthetic, the tone was more of a shriek,it actually made me laugh. Perhaps it could be cuz these guys dint know how to use the processor...but, it the sound they managed to get was pathetic.

I guess the good thing about processors is that u get everything in one set...wah,pitch shifter, phaser, flanger etc...but then again, if u dont need all of em, y bother??

All i can honestly say is that my Givson with my Amt Metalizer wud gives me way better (through my stranger smp) than the crappy sound these guys had.

18. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

The thing is no one know how to make patches.. Its more of mix and mix and leave it for them.. And worst patches on patches reflect loud.. Even Zooms on stage when patches arent done right sound horrible..

I'll give you good examples..
    KP - Myndsnare has the worst patches of all
    SOS - the guitarist has the second worst patches
    Deepak Rao - Shrapnes has some amazingly hopeless patches even on the album..
    All of the guitarists in Oligarchy and Chaotica

Good Patches :
    LIQUID GROOVE _ ANIRBAN(UNBEATABLE: International Quality sound on his stage and studio patches goto https://mp3.rsjonline.com and check them out)
    Naveen Thomas - Parousia
    Black Earth Guitarist
    Wax - Jagan
    Tiny - STOMP, Phenom
    Tony - Bhoomi, Moksha(Especially the one for For the Love Of God)

19. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Hell...liquid groove do have amazing sound.

20. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Thats a Boss GT6 he is using...