Processor help

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ambush, Jun 24, 2006.

1. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

But those clips do sound AMAZING. The clean tones are to die for and that "shredders delight" lead tone is pro quality.

2. chintan9

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Yep, the Rocktron Silver Dragon uses the orange-LED-under-the-tube trick, and that tube is run by a 13VAC supply, so its just used a clipping diode, and no real tube distortion.H&K Tube factor does the same and charges a BOMB for it, Rocktron atleast is cheap:p:(though it doesnt sound cheap at all to me)

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ahh, but if it is used as a clipper, a tube will clip differently from a solid state diode.

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I dont know exact fundaes..this voltage starved tube design is very old, there are a few pedals which run the tubes at high voltage, and a lot of circuitry is required to handle the power aspects..Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Classic is one.I think the Vox Cooltron pedals also have such a design.

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I dont think any processor can nail down the Raw Plexi Tone....:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

@Chintan....I know a few guys, who think Zoom GFX8 is crap and buying GT8 and being happy. I have seen people the other way around too selling GT8 for Zoom. Things are just very subjective. To get a real organic and raw tone, no processor can do the job...

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

GAH!
    And who wants to?

That insanely bright and trebly tone with really not much gain.
    Heck you can't even play metal with it. :phbbt:

8. chintan9

haha dude thats my line. And please leave the Zoom Gfx 8 outta this. Its in a TOTALLY different league altogether.
    Actually to tell you the truth even a real organic and raw tone as you put it is also very subjective. hahaha

9. chintan9

Exactly!! The tone is way too trebly. Yuck!

10. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I called up shalu music they said the G2 is 8000
    How did u get it for 4.5k

11. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

PLs tell me somthing abt the Zoom 606
    Is it better than the 505 in any ways other than the pedal
    And what do these cost in Mumbai
    It says 5800 in bajaao.com , can i get it cheaper like closer to 5k somewhere

12. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

zoom 606 has the expresion pedal.. I have not used a 505... but I do have the 606.... but a few friends of mine who hjave tried both prefer the 606 saying the Expresion is a bonus point...( though ofcourse it aint all that great.. as it is a processor)... I personaly use the exprseion like crazy