Probs with NFS-Most Wanted

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by slash_i_m, Apr 12, 2006.

1. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

I hav an ATI 9800 PRO graphics card so I'm runnin the game on high settings.it workss neat enuf for sumtime but then it gets screwed all of a sudden(chek the attacthments).i dunno why this is happening its not jus with Most Wanted the problem is the same with Mafia too.i start gettin those planes all over.All my drivers are updated.i guess it might be sum prob with my Direct X.ppl plzz i need help.:(

Attached Files:

• kas.JPG
      kas.JPG
      File size:
      46 KB
      Views:
  2. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hey slash ..

first of all ...unistall the catalyst drivers u have for the ati 9800 pro...then reinstall the lastest drivers from sratch.

2) look at a settin called vsync in ur drivers ..it must be enabled ...it limits the fps to 60 fps ...if it runs at more than 60 fps ..like 200-300 nal..this can occur

also..are u overclockin ur card.
    if yes..go back to stock settings..
    i think these shud solver ur problem

3. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

..its all in the game!
    :)

<<sori 4 spamin @slash...i hv no idea>>

4. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

hey satch attck thanks a ton for the reply bro ive been uinstalling and reinstalling the drivers from yesterday.i hav the latest drivers now.the only thing that i've not done is trying OmegaDrivers instead of Catalyst.I hav not Over Clocked anything in the card.and yeah i'm gonna try the V-Sync thing if it solves my prob.but where Xactly will i find the option ? thank u very much.

5. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

i've switched the v-sync in the game but the new catyst control centre doesn't hav the option.there's one more prob (check the attatchment) the ''glow'' sort of thing that they've added in the game keeps on blinking.it switches on and switches off and even the menu keeps blinking.no idea why this is happening and in Mafia the buildings become hollow and the vehicles are invisible.

Attached Files:

• Off.JPG
      Off.JPG
      File size:
      66.8 KB
      Views:
    • on.JPG
      on.JPG
      File size:
      68.4 KB
      Views:
  6. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

ppl i need help does no one here own a card from Radeon series?? :cry2:

7. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

umm........how did u post the pics?????????:think::eek::

8. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Maybe your card is over heating?

Try removing the sides of the cabinet while you play. I could be totally wrong but worth a shot

*edit* Someone removed my custom title! I want my money back damnit!

9. vishalj

vishalj Banned

By pressing the print screen button perhaps?

10. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

It looks like your card is just not taking it at high performance settings!! Go to visual settings in the game and turn offf the useless things (assumin you're more focused on evading the cops and winning than noticing how different light rays cast different kindsa glow on your paint job). Now i dont remember word to word what the exact options are on the game but these should be close enough:

Turn on Vsync,
    Turn off the glow thing, it just eats more memory
    Reduce the shine factor (keep it minimal)
    Set the World detail to medium level

These should take care of it. If the problem still persists.. There should be an option which would allow the game to decide which visual settings are best for you (I think for this you'll need to re-install the game cuz its only the first run of the game that this option comes.) Note down the settings, and you should be able to safely increase car detail and world detail to at least medium levels.

These should take care of your problem. However the performance would also depend on your RAM and the Chipset in your pc. How much RAM do u have and whats the chipset???

hope you can play the game in peace!!

11. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hmm..

regardin the glow ....isnt it an effect in most wanted (pc) ..i ont have most wanted for Pc so i dont have any idea...but ..if im rite ..i don think tht happens in my xbox version ...i il check on tht ...or does it flash ???...yellow tint and normal ?? check on ur frnds comp ..and see if it changes like tht ...but it shud not flash between the 2 ..

but this glow think is suprisin ......

to enable V-sync in drivers ..must be a tab in catalyst drivers ..somethin like direct3d settings like in nivida drivers .or performance and quality settings ..do some sluthin bro in ur driver settins..im sure u can find it ..

but the old problem is gone rite ?? or is it stil poppin now n den ?

12. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

evrything is still the same the old prob is still there along with the glow thing popping on and off.The V-sync is no where in the control panel nor is it there in the catalyst control panel.:(