Problem with Vox AC 4 TV

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by guitarfreak_106, Dec 14, 2010.

1. guitarfreak_106

guitarfreak_106 New Member

My Vox Ac 4 tv amp stopped producing any sound while I was practicing. The power LED is lit, but no sound from the amp nor do i get any heat from the tubes. It's only about 9 months old and usage was less. Can we anyone point out someone in B'lore who can have a look? I am not too confident about giving it to one of the music shops here.
    :help:

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Bobby from Bangalore could possibly take a look. Where did you buy it from?

3. guitarfreak_106

I bought from Bajaao, but they say that I need to send it to Mumbai. They plan to open it up - which would void the warranty anyway. It will be quicker if I get this done in B'lore. How do I get in touch with Bobby?

4. flood

flood New Member

uh... you bought it from bajaao and it's only 9 months old, you say? how come it isn't under warranty anymore? why does their opening it up void the warranty, considering they are the service provider... ? i seem to be missing something here.

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

This was his number sometime back.. try it
    Bobby's Number : 9845461484
    He stays somewhere around Yelankha..

6. guitarfreak_106

Thanks for the no...I'll try it

@flood: By warranty, I was thinking of a replacement. They recommended that I get it checked in B'lore for the same reason...Anyway I will have to pay for courier to Mumbai plus I'm not sure how long they will take. I'll get it checked here first. I'll send it to Bajaao if it is a major issue.

7. flood

flood New Member

well, considering it's under warranty i'd probably just check with them first. your repair costs will probably be the same as the cost of shipping. call up bajaao and find out. ashu posted some contact numbers some time ago - search for posts by the user named "knopfler".

EDIT: by "they recommended it", are you talking about bajaao?

8. guitarfreak_106

I was able to contact Bobby and get this fixed yesterday. It turned out to be some loose contact. He adviced me to handle it gently. He also suspects that the heat generated must have caused this, since this amp is not properly ventilated.