Problem With String Action Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by UjSen, Aug 12, 2006.

1. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Hi All,

i have a Gb&A HSH configured strat. my bridge is a simple tremolo unit.
    my strings action is high, so i tried to lower it( loosening the strings, opening the screws on the bridge pulling the spring things back and hightening the spring things' tiny screws. Frgive me fr " spring things," i dunno wt its called:eek:: .)

after that my strings couldn't be tuned properly. the first string could not reach "E'( it was an octave lower, because of which the other strings were so loose they didn't make a sound.) i continued to adjust the action for hours but to no avail. Right now i've got it back to wt it was( exept for the buzzing below the 12th fret:(: ).

PLEASE HELP ME OUT, I CAN'T EVEN BEND THE STRINGS PROPERLY!!!!!!.:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :help: :help: :help: :help:

uj.

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  2. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

HELLO ANYBODY????????????
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nw::sos:

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

There are two sets of screws on the tremolo-bridge unit.

One set is to adjust the action.
    Other one is to fine-tune teh intonation. You needn't play around with the intonation screws.

one more thing:
    IF your guitar strings are buzzing, why do you wanna lower the action further?

The set that adjusts teh action actually controls the heeght of the saddle. Once you get suitable action from this, you should check whether the guitar is still in correct intonation.

If it aint (which will be the case most probably), you need to adjust the screws at the end of teh bridge (the ones that correct the intonation)

If the action is high because of slight bent in the neck, you would need to adjust the truss-rod first.

4. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^^uhhh thanks but i have another q

the intonation ones are the tiny ones right>??:eek::

and by saddle do you mean the screws at the end of the bridge, which hold back the springs??

i wanted to lower the action cause it is high and i cant bend the strings properly.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

A picture speaks a thousand words (and am lazy to type those many):
    Here are three!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]