problem with my acoustic

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rohit, Mar 12, 2006.

1. rohit

rohit New Member

he guys i have a yamaha acoustic, bought it 3 months back .the problem is one note on 3,4,5 string sounds bad(same note on each string) for ex when guitar is tuned at std 440, g note on 3(open),4,5 string sounds bad .when i bought it, i for no reason played with the truss rod ,so can this problem related to this.pls help.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

What excatly you mean by sounds bad?
    Some buzzing sound?

Or the note dying (sounds like muted)?

3. rohit

rohit New Member

yes note dying. i have to play it harder than any other note.

4. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^^ur scaring me i fiddled with m trus rod too(on a Gb&A electric)
    and i got a buzzing noise

i increased the action so the noise decreased but it stil comes sometimes.........

5. rohit

rohit New Member

i was also scared to death man . a noise also came from my truss rod!!hope the problem fades away as i go on playing.

6. vishalj

vishalj Banned

If you ****ed with the truss rod and assuming you don't know what you did, take it back from where you bought it and ask them to fix it.

7. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

Man don't do any silly thing with your truss rod... you better consult the plave you bought it... cos you'll find varuous different say from this forum... but I think you should go to the shop first... its tru that we all face such probs but better to make it fix with some pro... thanks man...

8. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

recheck the tuning there is surely sth wrong in that

n if that persist go to the music shop

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Not at all. Truss might not be the problem.

What might be happening is that your guitar has some natural resonance occuring at those notes.
    Taht cause your strings to vibrate "madly" thus causing the damping.

TAke it to the guitar shop. And dmp the responsibilty on the dude there. Dont tell him that you adjusted the Truss rod, or he will also start the rant, just like ppl here have.

10. pacificwaters

pacificwaters - .+:| Oriel |:+. -

hey guys....

i have a hobner acoustic and of late i am having a strange problem with it. whenever i play my guitar there is this buzzing sound in the fifth and sixth string upto the fifth fret. the buzzing sound is maximum when the strings are played open. usually the buzzing sound is not so prominent when the leads are played...but if i play the chords...then a good ear can say that there is a probelem.....

i just cant get what is the problemmmmm

please help:nw:

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Your frets need to be levelled properly.
    Go to a luthier quickly.

12. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

what the hell is a truss rod

13. rohit

rohit New Member

hey alpha 1 i think what you have said about the natural resonance at this note might be true. becuz if it would have been a truss rod problem then the problem should have stayed at one fret only it should not have changed with tuning.i think ill have to take the guitar a shop here in poona,allthogh i bought it in mumbai at furtados.

14. pacificwaters

hey i checked the frets...they seem to be ok...got it checked from my guitar sir also...he too couldnt spot a prob...could you guys suggest something else???? my guitar is now almost 6 years old and till 3 months back it was in perfect condition when this thing started...

help me guys

15. rohit

rohit New Member

hey pacific if your bridge has height adjustment try doing it.if not it may need truss rod adjustment(neck bent).

16. pacificwaters

i tried adjusting the height of the bridge.. but it made the strings tight and there was uncomfort playing the strings towards the lower part of the neck.. somehow i feel your idea about neck bent is right... even i had the same hunch...but i was not sure... what do i do now...i mean is the solution a simple one

17. rohit

rohit New Member

neck bent can be easily adjusted by the truss rod.if you have a allen key and you have done it before then only do it yourself otherwise go to a dealer.first chek out if it has a bow or not.

18. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

JUST DO IT !!! this message sponsored by Nike

19. pacificwaters

thanks dudes