Problem in tuning my guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by jay_ch2, Sep 25, 2005.

1. jay_ch2

jay_ch2 New Member

hello guys ... me facing a trivial problem in tuning my guitar... can any1 tell me any easy way to tune my guitar without any tuner ... i have come across a few posts in IGT bout this but couldnt understand much ... if u can make it simple for me ...

2. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

well you can always use relative tuning (if you dont know what that is, look around in this forum) to get your guitar in tune. but in that method, you would get you guitar IN TUNE WITH ITSELF, i.e. chords shapes will sound okay, but it wont be the standard tuning of EADGBE until and unless you get a reference note and tune according to it.

3. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

i used to to tune my guitar in a different way..!!
    i used bryan adams summer of 69 unplugged for it..
    in the song bryan first hits the open lower E..
    so i tuned my lower E with that and remaining with it... ;)

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

what u see in attachment pic.....is guitar guru easy interface software which u can get from www.musicnotes.com

here,, u can select da song u want and tune it as how it is shown........the pic shows led zep song wid std tuning which is da original ......like for instance if u have nicel back - feeling a way too damn good.....then you have different tunings....and u can archive that tuning by clcking on da tune buttton! :beer:

Attached Files:

• gg.jpg
      gg.jpg
      File size:
      142 KB
      Views:
  5. hate_eternal

hate_eternal Banned

There are tuners available in all guitar shops. You pluck a string and place the electric tuner next to it and a light indicates whether it is tuned or not. Rocking Devil also sugessted a good method of tuning.

Better get your ears trained. You will learn it slowly but its a better option for long term.