Problem in singing and strumming together

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by vishal_Singh, May 28, 2007.

1. vishal_Singh

vishal_Singh New Member

Hi IGTians, can some one help me on this. I have problem while I strum and sing together. sometimes my strummings goes out of way or sometime my singing.

this is not with all the songs but a few easy songs I can play well. but I want to play & sing any songs with the correct strumming patterns.

any quick help will be much appreciated.

2. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

3. vishal_Singh

vishal_Singh New Member

Thank you CrYpTiC_angel , this looks more help ful, I will try this and let you know.

4. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

practise doing the 2 together..
    u will get it in a while.
    keep practising

5. vishal_Singh

vishal_Singh New Member

thanks anshphenomenon, I appreciate help from you guys.

6. aunnyboy

aunnyboy New Member

if you can strum and play even if not in coordination, I think you're going in the right direction. Happened with me a lot too and its all about practice, now I don't even have to think about my hands playing and just concentrate on singing. Simply put, its all about practice, try to balance your attention first between the two, don't consciously pay more attention to one and slowly slowly it'll come togather. I also used to just humm the song along with my strumming when I had the problem.

7. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

practice ~ that's is the word.

in case you think you have already practised enough but still can't get the co-ordination right, then first try to get the strumming properly and then try to sing along with it.

cheers. :beer:

8. vishal_Singh

vishal_Singh New Member

Thank you all !! you guys are really very helpful. btw is there anone here from Pune ? I am searching for a Guitar companion as I am staying in Pune these days.

9. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

try the strumming alone first, get it drilled in ur head,
    and after that try singing with it, u may get wrong once ,but in the second chance, u will have better chances of doing it.

and record and listen to urself, this is the best thing a guitarist can do to learn.

and if ur luking for someone in pune go start a new thread in the introduce urself forum, u'll get more replies there

10. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

Untill you have your strumming perfectly memorized you wont be bale to sing and strum at the sametime. Practise is the only way out of this, there is no other shortcut.

11. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

I totaly agree with you admin, the only way is:
    Practising, practising and practising. After doing this, there will comes a day you'll get it.
    I'm not a guitarist, but i had this problem too, wanted to play my keyboards and sing in the same time, had to practise alot to get this under control!
    So good luck!

12. mr singh

mr singh New Member

first master the strumming pattern as already said here. then think of the words in your head as you strum. then maybe hum the words or tune as you strum, then try fitting the words in as you strum, then enjoy...
    one more thing, it mite be worth trying to play along with a recording of the song as opposed to just listening to it, that way you can get a better feel of how everything fits together

13. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Exactly. Perfect advice.

14. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

notty boyyyy....notty_lad.....

15. vishal_Singh

vishal_Singh New Member

hmmmmmmmm who is notty boyyyy....notty_lad.....?

16. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

^ notty_lad is (or was) our fellow IGTan :think: ... i guess he's banned now (not too sure though)

17. psbisht

psbisht New Member

how to coordinate both...

hi there,
    what i feel the main problem with you is that you are trying to concentrate on both the things together without practicing them seperately.
    what i would like to suggest you that you should first of all practice them seperately. the singing part will be very easy to listen and practice but as far as strumming goes.....there are various style of strumming techniques and practing method. first try practicing the beat of the song on a table with your hands and rehearse the same thing on the guitar holding on to one chord only. when you feel that you have mastered the beat and the strumming pattern(which will come naturally when you practice) then start changing the chords according to the song. by this time you would have learnt both the things-song and the beat(strumming pattern). now you can concentrate on doing both the things together.
    i hope you will try this method and if you get some good result please let me know. i'll be glad to hear from you.
    take care and enjoy music.bye.

18. psbisht

psbisht New Member

hi there,
    what i feel the main problem with you is that you are trying to concentrate on both the things together without practicing them seperately.
    what i would like to suggest you that you should first of all practice them seperately. the singing part will be very easy to listen and practice but as far as strumming goes.....there are various style of strumming techniques and practing method. first try practicing the beat of the song on a table with your hands and rehearse the same thing on the guitar holding on to one chord only. when you feel that you have mastered the beat and the strumming pattern(which will come naturally when you practice) then start changing the chords according to the song. by this time you would have learnt both the things-song and the beat(strumming pattern). now you can concentrate on doing both the things together.
    i hope you will try this method and if you get some good result please let me know. i'll be glad to hear from you.
    take care and enjoy music.bye.