prob. in changing chords

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by amature, Oct 19, 2005.

1. amature

amature New Member

i m a beginner s .. i can play bar chords n open chords without much prob. but find it diff. to go from open to bar during the song .. after a much practice i learned song .."papa kehte hai" . but i dont know which next song i should practice so that i can learn to change chords ... someone let me know what to do ...

2. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

hm.
    u need practise and practise...
    if u can play barre chords..u wld be able to change from open to barre also...
    so practise..

3. amature

amature New Member

hi anshphenomenon
    can u tell me which song shuld i try so that i can practice it n learn changing the chords... i want to practice n learn new songs...

4. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

well
    its basically up to u.
    the kind of music u like and wanna play..
    i wld say in hindi/urdu u shd try some strings songs..
    they have songs which r good and wld help u in changing the chords..

english-nothing else matters-metallica..etc..

5. amature

amature New Member

thanx i will try n tell u bye

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

just make a list of tuff to play songs..do Eenie meenie miny mo and select 1 to play/practise and keep practising..no way out!!

Practise!!!!!

7. golisoda

golisoda Comfortably Numb

Learn Mera bichara yaar by strings. has one additional chord D, not used in Papa kehte hain. By this you can acheive both vertical and horizontal learning...
    There are two kinds of learning-vertical and horizontal.... Now with the chords you know G C Am F you can learn different songs...horizontal learning. This is fun coz you can get a lot of songs with the same chords but different strum patterns. If you learn new songs with different chord patterns it is vertical learning.

8. amature

amature New Member

hi all keep posting ur advices, now i will try "nothing esle matters" by metallica n "Mera bichara yaar" by strings... .......... ..... is that ok? .... ...... wating 4 Sugessions ...

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

try those songs...play again and again until u get them right....then think about playing other songs....there is no shortcut...just keep on practicing u'll make it through

10. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

Bah!

Just log yourself into the matrix
    and ask Tank (or any other operator) to load the guitar player program onto you brain.

Thats all

11. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

everyone wants some magic formula to become pros

well i think the magic word is practice

n when u practice try to change easy non barre chord sof A , E n all so that ur hands r adapted for that

n then after a few days (or may b one day) move to the barre try easy ones like 446644 n 223422 n such things

then try to c the chords u want to play like in papa kehte hain so thta u can better position ur hands

though for chords like F to B it t\ook me long time to gert through n i stil suck when its playing B chords

lolz

well i hope i was not offtopics

hmmmmmmmm so finally the answer of ur question is PRACTICE[/FONT]

12. amature

amature New Member

hey bobbit_uncut
    i live in real world ... no "matrix" exits 4 me ... so sadly cant ask Tank (or any other operator) to load the guitar player program onto MY brain ... tq 4 posting but keep such brilliant ideas 2 ur self :) .................. bye

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

cypher perhaps?

Anyway, if you want to get your barre chords going try practicing Smells Like Teen Spirit.

14. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@ bobbit

u need not post if u dunno anything abt guitaring!
    and dont spam!!

15. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

play this pattern.....

{{ G Am }} twice,, C,D,G.

play each chord on 4 counts.....like 1-2-3-4..then change the next chord.again 1-2-3-4 then change and so on..keep practising..its actually chords of main koi aisa geet gaun...practice and enjoy......

16. amature

amature New Member

i tried to play "nothing esle matters" by metallica ...... it was way out off my understanding
    ...................... n couldnt
    find the song as well as the chords of "Mera bichara yaar" by strings .. guys help me... ... what song shld i try??? :(

17. ankit_tulsyan

ankit_tulsyan New Member

<a href="https://www.wholenote.com/default.asp?src=l&l=3202&p=1" target="_top">Guitar Lesson #3202 at WholeNote: Nothing Else Matters By Metallica</a> by Jake Lizzio

try it

18. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

to really change chords swiftly , you must go with the flow .... don't look at the chords as a objective but a destination

19. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----&gt; Zhol-Man&lt;----

nothin else matters chords r easy..and there r no barre chords there....

20. amature

amature New Member