Price diff between bajaao.com and furtados why?Also need help buying buying a guitar.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by aashay, Jun 9, 2007.

1. aashay

aashay New Member

I am planning to by my first electric guitar,and i am very confused,I knw a couple of brands like fender,squier,yamaha etc and have gotten to knw a bit more about em after surfing this site.
    So it would help me alot if u'll can suggest some guitars for me.
    My budget is 10000-17000.
    So i was on bajaao.com and they are selling a "Squier Stagemaster Series Electric Guitar"for Rs 16,500,as compared to Furtados & Bhargavas who both are selling it for Rs 21000.The only diffrence i think is the colour,and also is this guitar good? coz if its good i can afford to buy it off bajaao.com.
    PLEASE HELP ME
    Thanks alot in advance.

2. Double Click

Double Click New Member

The stagemaster is a pretty decent guitar. I'm not very fond of its tremolo though. Bajaao usually offers good prices on all gear.
    I suggest you go and try out both the stagemaster and an RG321MH.. Both are decent gutiars which will cost around 15-17K (depending on the shop). Buy whchever one u like better. The stagemaster is a little more versatile, but the tremolo might be a pain if ur not used to floyds.

3. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

the tremelo on any cheap guitar would suck so i would suggest you buy one without a tremelo.. rg321mh seems to be a good choice and u can look at washburn guitars to. they are decent in tht range

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

^ Tremolo doesn't necessarily mean FR licensed, but I agree the tremolo could be really cheap (buildwise).

5. aashay

aashay New Member

Thanks for the help guys,but as i said this will be my first electric so can someone tell wat is tremolo?Also if u'll have some other suggestions ,it would be of great help.
    And how is the Fender Squier Affinity Strat Electric Guitar?

6. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

A tremolo bridge (actually a vibrato) is a device that you use to temporarily change the pitch of the note you are fretting. It is a bridge with this bar/arm attached and when you press the bar down or pull it up lightly, the pitch of the note decreases or increases (respectively).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremolo_arm

7. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

The Tremolo and electronics are kinda bad on the stagemaster. But the build quality of the guitar itself is good. I suggest you buy it, and use the trem while it lasts, and then change it. But that requires some work and if you like ur guitars to be hassle free, then it might not be for you.

8. Murt112

Murt112 New Member

the Squier Affinity is pretty good if it is the newer versions since it is made of alder which is a good tone wood. Squiers are actually good guitars the only prob with them is that the electronics are very average (below average).
    After u become better u can change the pickups and electronics like what i am doing to mine now.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

But the Squiers that I have experienced had some issues with keeping in tune.
    mebbe something to do with the nut.

10. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Ya, I have the same problem with my Squier California Strat. The bugger wont stay in tune. I wonder if changing the nut is the answer.

11. Double Click

Double Click New Member

The Squires that are part of those beginner packs are lousy...
    The rest are decent guitars for the price.

+1

@alpha and life_sans_death - The tuning issues are usually because the guitars are badly set up. One of my friends used to crib about his squier's tuning instability all the time... Then one day he went and got it properly set up, and voila it holds tune pretty well now, as long as u dont go wild with the trem.