Presenting my new Jeff Beck Singnature Series Strat

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ustdjohnny, Sep 10, 2006.

1. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

Made in U.S.
    Softer C-neck profile
    Dual-coil ceramic Noiseless pickups
    Alder body
    Maple neck
    Rosewood fingerboard (9-1/2" radius/241mm)
    22 medium-jumbo frets
    Machine heads: Deluxe Fender/Schaller locking tuners
    Bridge: American Standard 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo
    American Standard 2-point tremolo
    Contoured heel for easier access to upper frets
    LSR roller nut

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Playing it feels like dream. Sounds even better :rock:
    Let me know what you think

Attached Files:

2. apray

apray New Member

Congrats!!! Where did u get it from? And how much??

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Good for you i dont know where u live cause otherwise :mad:. My god you're soooo lucky. Congrats man:beer: Thats one BEAUTIFUL guitar. I've been drooling over that one for quiet a while now. Give us a review......

4. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Sridhar.....tht was supposed to be my dialogue...hehehe
    Ill say it again though........Tellme where u live please :).....see I dont harm n have a sparkle in my smile too ;)

5. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

Okay everyone, I guess I should have been more informative. I live in Bombay, but right now I am in New York for work. I bought my baby at 30th street guitars, which is quite a cool shop if you're hunting for used guitars in NY. Like this one costs $1399 firsthand, plus taxes (which are huge in NY) + setting up hassles etc. I got mine for $1100, set up to perfection, it's a 2001 model, and it even has the plastic on the pickguard. Sridhar, here's the review: It's AWESOME! It just rips the amp even when clean, and I'm playing a 10 watt crate in my hotel room, but it sounds so good that I'm having gooseflesh thinking of how it'll sound through my Fender Deluxe 112. Let me know if you want to know anything else, and let me make l0ove to my baby again!

6. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

woooowwww!!!a jeff beck strat!!!man, you sure are lucky!!!!
    ppl here would die to get a signature series..and that too a US strat!!!

it must sound dreamy!!!!congrats pal!!!

7. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

Hey! Why the hell did u get the rosewood fretboard??? What good is a strat without maple fretboard????? Nah! Just kidding man. Nice one dude! Congrats. Even though im not a Fender fan, and even less of the LSR roller nut, im still happy for ya. What the heck, its a FUKKIN AMERICAN STRAT man! And even more than just a strat. What else could u ask for! Rock on man!

8. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

kewl bro rock the streets

9. sohail288

sohail288 New Member

Hey i know this is a dumb question but whats that bar thing on the bottom...i have one too...i have no idea whats it for so i haven't screwed it in yet. Other than that, that guitar looks awesome.

10. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

it's used to hit the drums in the middle of a performance - you know, showmanship

alternately you can used it to hit anyone who tries to touch your guitar

and many more

but if it's screwed in then this is what it's used for

alpha1 likes this.
  11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Bwahahahaaaaa !

*Wonders why people buy things they have no idea about*

12. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

Thanks, guys!

Hey Johnny, I actually prefer rosewood, though I admit maple looks way cooler. Also, the JB Strat only comes with a rosewood board (and only in surf green and white) I find rosewood more playable and better for violin bow vibratos, but I guess it's a personal perspective.

To all others, thank you so much for sharing my joy!

Review addition: The JB Strat sounds much much fattter than usual strats. EVen the bridge pickup. It has less of the strat 'twang' but LOADS of the strat 'cluck' which is great for me. The tremolo is almost as good as a floyd rose. Well, that's an exaggeration but I'm not into dive bombing and shredding so much. But the locking tuners do hold the tune for most of what I need. The strat also seems to have more sustain than usual ones. The pick-ups are absolutely noiseless, so none of the famous strat hum. The fretboard is perfect, action is very cool, but strings aren't too loose nor is their any fret buzz.

Once again, thanks for sharing my joy!

Sohail, the bar is called a tremolo arm, or a whammy bar :) Don't worry, we were all at the beginning of the never-ending road to learning this beautiful instrument, though you must understand your comment and the superb comment that followed yours were seriously funny!

To the moderator, you should think about these annoying popups on the site. They are a serious turn off, and coupled with pop-up blockers, they hold up the page forever.
    Ciao

13. sohail288

sohail288 New Member

haha, i still remember how dumb my question was, 3 years later with a lot more experience and a real american made american deluxe strat, i guess i can laugh it off.

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

... and after 3 years I can see how my response was pretty boorish.

But still I can laugh it off.
    :p

15. thehundredthone

I'd say we could be friends but seeing as you now have a lot more experience and a real American Stratocaster, I say boo. X(

16. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

Whoa, looks like IGT is back in my life :) Meanwhile, I have changed my pups to fender hot noiseless, and they are pure ecstasy. Also, to see what use I've put my Jeff beck Strat to, please visit www.summitattempt.in (sorry for the shameless plug)

17. thehundredthone

Now that's some good stuff there. Nice job!

18. detritus

detritus New Member

well, you linked a virus infected site.

19. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

I don't think that's correct, man. There's just a soundclick player that sometimes gives browsers a panic attack. No virus, man.
    cheers

20. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

Thanks for listening, brother.
    cheers