Prelude & Interlude for the Song Nee thaane En Pon Vasantham

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by vs.suresh, Jan 20, 2013.

1. vs.suresh

vs.suresh Active Member

Dear All,

Can any one post prelude & interlude tabs for the song Nee thaane En Pon Vasantham song from the movie Ninaivellam Nithya...

Sathya Sir - Can you pls try on this....

2. pearlmaharajan

pearlmaharajan New Member

that would be great if done.. please...

3. vs.suresh

vs.suresh Active Member

Sathya Sir -- Awaiting for your tab....

4. myrules

myrules Member

Any update on this Sathya?

5. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

While it will take some time to put the tabs, I am sharing an interesting details I have about this song:

Prelude:
    nee thaane enthan ponvasantham pudhu raja vazhkai naalai un sontham
    F#sus4 % | C#sus4 % |
    flute
    F#sus4 % | C#sus4 % |
    guitar+flute
    - - | - - | (2)
    Pallavi:
    F#sus4 % | C#sus4 % | (2)
    F#sus4 F# A F# F#sus4 F#sus4 A F# | F#sus4 F# A F# F#sus4 F#sus4 A F# |
    (nee thane)
    Interlude 1:
    F#sus2 F#sus2- | -
    violin run
    F#sus2 E F#sus2 E | F#sus2 E F#sus2 E- |
    F#sus4- E E- F#sus4 F#sus4- E E- F#sus4 | (2)
    guitar+flute
    - - | - - | -
    Saranam:
    F#sus4 % % % F#sus4 % E % | F#sus4 % % % F#sus4 % % % |
    F#sus4 F# A F# F#sus4 F#sus4 A F# | F#sus4 F# A F# F#sus4 F#sus4 A F# |
    F#sus4 % % % F#sus4 % % % | F#sus4 % % % F#sus4 % % % |
    F#sus4 % E % C#sus4 % - - |
    (nee thane)

You can also view chords posted by Thamboo and Rajesh for this song from this Forum.............. Sathya

6. pearlmaharajan

Sathya sir, can u please position the chords inbetween the lyrics? that helps a lot..

and importantly it sounds good..

7. pearlmaharajan

Sathya sir, can u please position the chords inbetween the lyrics? that helps a lot..

and importantly it sounds good..

8. venukailash

venukailash Member

The interludes are just an up and down complex and fast combinations of 5 notes. F#, G#, B,C#,E... Its :mad: to tab it :(

9. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Pearl - Here you can find the post by Rajesh .. You have already seen this...

https://indianguitartabs.com/f20/ne...-pon-vasandham-ninaivellaam-nithya-50709.html

I consider this as most authentic.

Regarding the tabs for desired BGMs, as Venu has put in, it should be within F# Minor pentatonic scale notes (atleast theoretically). I will certainly try to find out the exact tabs. BGM for this song is quite challenging one - it is unique and IR's brand........ Sathya

10. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

For those not accessing 'Guitar chords and Tabs' in FB, a must watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqcprDDJTXI

See how the BGM is decoded and the approach... Quite interesting one.............

Thanks to Suresh for posting this in FB................. Sathya

PS: This also shows the interlude tabs. G# is the note used.....

11. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

I tried the tabs. I am unable to get the effect in electric guitar. I got the clue from the above given video only.

The above video is simply excellent if one is playing the song. It also shows the prelude and interlude clearly.

Now coming to our normal tuning, the F# Major pentatonic scale notes goes like

E---2--4--------------------------------------------- E
    A----------1---4------------------------------------- A
    D-------------------1--4----------------------------- D
    G---------------------------1--3--------------------- G
    B----------------------------------2---4------------- B
    E------------------------------------------2---4----- E

The prelude music uses E 4 key (thin string aka high E). This corresponds to G# note

The interlude music uses E 2 (twice) followed by E 4 once (thick string aka low E). This corresponds to F# and G #.

Playing the chords is also a big challenge. The simple way is to tune the string as explained in the video.

In our normal tuned guitar, the use of the following bar chord is better from movement perspective:

F# Sus 4 - Bar the 9th fret, hold 11th fret D and G string with fingers 2 & 3 and place your pinky in 12th fret B string.

For playing C# Sus 4, just slide down to make the 4th fret as the bar and keep the same finger position - This land your fingers 2,3 & 4 to 6th and 7th fret. Hope you get it correct.

This BGM is something great and the use of suspended chord is possibly to justify the raga chosen for this song. The suspended note is B here which corresponds to 'm1' note of the ragam, taking F# as 's'. Just cool down here and follow the rest of the post.

The song completely follows the notes of Madhayamavathi ragam. You can see the notes in my earlier thread.

https://indianguitartabs.com/f20/tab-song-nee-dhane-endan-pon-vasantham-ir-melody-52361.html

You can also get the strumming pattern - given by Thamboo.

I had put the tabs in D octave (It was my earlier learning stage - not knowing the root chord basics etc...).

Now that this song is known to be in F# key, you need to move all the tabs up by 4 frets. Hope I am clear here.

Just try these in acoustic guitar and put your views and improvements, if any in this thread..... Sathya

12. vs.suresh

vs.suresh Active Member

Sathya - But its very difficult to tune the guitar as per the above to play this song in stage performance.

13. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

It is easy - only 3 strings are to be done. The A string is to be tuned as B, D string is to be tuned as E and the G string as E.

But take care - need to do slowly without breaking the guitar.

You can still do in the normally tuned guitar - chords as explained. The prelude music by trying High E string 4th fret note. The interlude in low E string 2nd fret twice followed by 4th fret once. Check whether you get the feel. ...... Sathya