post dedicated to all newbies in guitaring

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by subhajit_981, Nov 11, 2005.

1. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

LOL. Take and it and try. Its for you and you alone.

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

ok

i will surely try ... from the list: i just have the Satch one .. so i will try to play that ...
    :)

Always With me ... here i come ...

3. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

Dudes, I think Subhojeet is right in some ways and abhijit is right in some ways. And, I have a point to add. Maybe, just maybe, all the frustrations you go through playing with bad gear add up to your musicality. For example, a high action means you develop more power in your bends. So, when you switch to a dream guitar, you play that much better (after the initial adjustment to low action and string suppleness, of course).
    I'll give you an example. The Edge developed his unique style -- you can love him or hate him, but you can't say he does not have a unique style -- developed because of a guitar whose bottom strings would not play, so he started playing rhythm on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd strings.

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

This arguement is kinda okay and kinda bad at some places. Well I dont know if Subhajit has ever played a Givson Guitar. One thing is the Fretboard is not even, it's even warped as brand new at times, the fretboard is rough, the frets are uneven. Try bending and some vibratos and you will know why I am saying this. Intonation is pretty uneven because of uneven fret level. As a beginner or as any player, one of the thing that really develops without your knowledge is the pitch recognition. Playing with such bad things might not hinder the immediately but has long term disadvantages. Well, Subhajit's advice is great for guys who pick up guitar to impress a few chicks and that's for a few days or a few months. In that case, you could even pick that singing pink coloured plastic guitar.

So called big brand name shit as he refers to like Fender or Gibson didn't make History in a single day. They have a huge legend of quality which also reflects the number of artists who trust them. Due to some cost cutting, their quality might go down but their bar minimum is always high. See a good guitar and you will know why. What the heck. I decided to buy a Korean made GB&a and that has so much difference in sound and feel when compared to a Givson.

Thrash Metal with Strat :think: maybe when you put mad humbuckers like X2N in the Bridge. Have you ever played a single coil in the bridge and do you know how it sounds like.

Dude. Dont give such strong advices which are pretty much to a beginner. A decent instrument is the first thing you require to actually learn. Moreoever a good sounding setup is always a motivation to play. Like Jekyll claimed that a crap guitar hindered his progress. It is true in a way.

5. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Ron : Nice post.

@ Jekyll : One week time.

6. jekyll

jekyll Banned

:clap: Ronnie

yeah Rox ... 1 week time ... :grin:

7. ronnieanand

Hindi's one week time is for your 3 songs.

But your count down is still ON. 7 More days to go :aggre: :aggre: :aggre: :boxed: :boxed:

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

HHAA ...

hey i was trying the "Tears in the Rain" - Satch from Extresmist albuim ....
    it is a wow composition ...

Satch :nw:

9. jekyll

jekyll Banned

when is the part-2 coming?

10. ronnieanand

So that we can have a Part II bashing. :p: :p: :aggre: :aggre:

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

LOL Yhea.. By the way. 6 days left.

12. jekyll

jekyll Banned

c'mon Ron ...
    dont call it bashing ... it is just a discussion ... a knowledge transfer session (KT)

Hindi Rox ... i am doomed ... my guitar strings are broken ... :cry1:

13. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Lame excuse. Guys come on Bomb him now.

14. jekyll

jekyll Banned

*hold up an anti matter force field*

NO IT IS NOT A LAME EXCUSE !!!

:mad:

anywya i hope to get new strings by tomorrow ...

15. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

LOL. You should have got them yesterday itself.

Its manners to have an extra set of strings with you. Actually you should have 2.

16. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

SUbhajit you really taked like a total newbie, who doesnt know anythign about quality.

Have fun Jekyll, with your challenge.
    But u are really trying to put up with the lamest excuse a guitarist can ever give.
    Tell frankly that u cannot accept HindiRox's challenge.

17. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Ha ha.. 4 Days to GO!!