Possible to learn the guitar at late age?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by jay_ch2, Sep 18, 2005.

1. jay_ch2

jay_ch2 New Member

I have been here quite a time but only going through all the posts and trying to figure out how to play guitar.... but after sometime I came across something which is disturbing me alot ..

actually I am almost 30 years old now and just a few months back I have started learning the guitar. Beacsue of my age I dont want to go to a guitar teacher as most of my fellow students will b much younger than me. I am very much interested and dedicated to my learning but wht I found out here is that most of the members are a pro and the beginners are very young may be busy with both guitar and their exams. So somehow I have started wondering if Its too late for me.

So if you all can tell me if its still possible to learn the guitar at this age? And how can I overcome this complex now as it is getting onto my nerves. Whenver i pick up my guitar these all things come into my mind and I am unable to concentrate now. I am very much frustrated. Pls help me guys ...

I dont know if its the right forum for this kind of a post ... sorry if its not ... but please do reply ...

2. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

You should go through a thread which was started long back. It would have helped you a lot.

Anyway, age is not the answer. You might be 60 and still learning. So learning never stops. SOme learn early, some who don't get the chance learn afterwards. But , there is no difference as such. Maybe, a fellow student is 20 and a pro. But, you needn't worry about that, coz you already said you are dedicated to learning. So you'll hardly take 2 or 3 years to become a pro. But if you think and wait and again think and then act. You'll miss come more years. So think later act today.

Pe@Ce 0uT!!:dj:

3. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

^^thats right...its never too late to learn anything...learning is a continuous process....and as u said that u r dedicated to ur learning,and considering that u r mature enough now,i guess u can learn faster that any of the youngsters...:)and i guess u wont have parents and teachers nagging u and always telling u to study study & study...thats all they can think about...:)...so i dont think u should have any complexes....just do what u wanna do...listen to ur heart and start rocking....::)

4. nik_bokacheley

Hmm..^hardik's signature tells you a good thing. -> Take Life As It Comes....

:rockon:

5. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

nik said it all

there is no age in learning guitar

well if u need any help u can pm any members u c the articles of in the beginneers q ans forum n tab discussion forum

feel free to ask them

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

dude ...
    AGE NO BAR
    CASE NO BAR
    S_E_X NO BAR ....

remeber that ...

anyway u can always have a private tutor ...

7. dark_angel

dark_angel New Member

jay_ch2 age does not matters... as mik said...
    all of us r here to help u... amm i m a learner myself but the rest r here 4 u...

8. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

great to hear you've taken up guitar. its marvellous and dont let anything bog you down. CHEERS!!

9. vini

vini Repeat Offender

actually there is a common perception that when a human being grows old he faces few troubles in learning new things (be it sculpting, learning a new language or learning to play instruments etc,. etc,.) as compared to young people...and im not sure about how true is that..i think owing to this perception Jay has raised this query :)

now jay..if u think u;d love to see urself playing guitar one day and if u love music then think no further :grin:
    however..if u wanna start off this thing to end up as a professional guitarist...i cant say if u shud go ahead or not..for this just follow ur instincts

and a great piece of info for u..there are many many guitarists here from IGT who never saw any tutor and have completely gained the knowledge from internet as well as IGT..so i'd suggest u go and face things like a man but if u think ur complex is holding u back big time..then give it a chuck and sit back and learn from ur good old computer..

all the very best!

my goodness..have i been blabbering :shock:

10. nik_bokacheley

:shock:..newbie_vini

I think one needs a tutor to learn things in the right way!!

11. jay_ch2

jay_ch2 New Member

Thanx to u all for encouraging me so much. Really! u guys are so helpful. I ve decided to continue with my guitar and yeah now i know I can surely learn to play the guitar like a pro one day ... i dont mind however late it is. Thanx again guys.

12. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

dont worry u will b able to play it for ur grandchilren lolz

jokign u can DO I T MAN GOOD LUCK ;)

13. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

yup...dats da spirit dude...all the best.