Poll:Cheating in Exams...what do u think?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by light_of_erindi, Mar 13, 2005.

?

Cheating in exams ....what do u think?

1. I despise all kinds of cheating

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. I won't ask others but i don't mind telling answers to others

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. I don't mind if others do it as long as I don't get into trouble

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. How do u think I've got where I am now?....

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Only if you get away with it!

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Just saw this news on TV.....the HSC exams r going on.....and a girl in a small town from MP was crying because she was not allowed to cheat!...... :shock: :shock:

What the hell is that?.....
    tell me what u think about cheating in exams....

2. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

haha...lol! Which news channel was this? I dont want to miss this....hehe

3. light_of_erindi

Reva or something...near the UP border.... it was on NDTV

4. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Man all i see is this shakti kumar nonsense on tv today.....

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

lol..i love to cheat :):) ..its my forte!

6. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

hey i saw the shakti kapoor thing too. start a thread on that. i belive shakti kapoor. i think all the actresses have slept with producers and directors to get meaty roles.
    i hope this leads to the arrest of all the producers and directors. at least that will put an and to all the crappy movies we get these days. they should also do a sting operation on annu mallik :)

regarding the poll.. i am totally against cheating.
    when i was in Xth standard, for the board exams we had common examination center.. half my classroom was filled with some delhi gevernment school kids...
    during the math exam.. after 10 minsutes of getting question paper.. this dude who looked like a teacher came and wrote the answers to all the questions.. just the numerical answers.. not the method.. to all the 35 questiosn :shock: i got so scared and nervous that my legs started shaking.. for 3 hours i couldnt focus.. and was waiting for the moment someone walked it and suspeneded all of us... it was horrible.. i somehow got 95/10 in that test though.. and i never looked at the blackboard. someone from my class complained to the principal of our school that evening.. and the incident never repated after that thankfully.

then during my 12th board exams.. i think this was chemistry.. again the exam center was some delhi government school like 1 hour into the exam an orange sized stone wrapped with some white paper with notes scribbled crashed through the window and broke the class.. and hit the invigilators table... hehe shcoked the hell out of everyone.. but then someone started laughing.. that broke the tension.. everyone lauyghed 5 minutes wasted.. then we continued with the test :)

7. shak

shak Harrr!

cheating is fine ...as long as you are doing organic chemistry exam ... or the literature exam .. idont know about you guys in india but in pakistan we had to memorize these million date of births and bio-data's of different poets and writers for urdu lit. exam.. aaarghh! ... otherwise .. neva felt any need to go that far ... :)

8. nadish

nadish Active Member

Yarr Shahrukh! I don't understand that y our education department has included poets whole history in Urdu. What they like, wat they dislike, U know all poets were great "Chanrebaaz" in thier youth as well as at the last stage of their life. 1 word is very commn in their poetry "Mehboob". Wat the hell is that???? R they trying 2 make student's future bright or trying to make them chanrebaaz :)

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Well, innocent until proven guilty. That's my stance. I dont mind showing the answers to other people if they ask me. Hey, it's their life they're ruining.

10. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i cant believe so many of u are openly ok with cheating.. maybe thats the root cause of all the corruption in our home countries.. this mentality that cheating is ok.

11. tejas

tejas ..........

I sometimes cheat in these small class tests, but not when it comes to any major exams, I'm not that foolish.

12. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

jay..theres a lot worse going on in India than this. Anyways this **** is serious^^.....i would never go to such lengths..10000 bucks..damn. Id rather study.
    As far as us being corrupt, lol Americans are corrupt too u know. We may be more corrupt but at least we dont go declaring war on other countries.
    Personally, in school I used to help other people. U know passing my paper and the likes. I never used to ask anything simply cuz I never needed to. In college its both ways, though theres no paper passing and stuff like that. Only verbal assistance.
    It does give u a natural high.

14. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

15. light_of_erindi

Yes but that didn't stop people from trying to get it..... they showed how depressed the kids got cause they were searching all night before the exams to get a hold of the "leaked" paperand in the process ruined their preparation for the exams.... so they ended up in a ditch anyway....which they could have avoided if they just studied.

16. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i once failed my exam...and my cousin sister..gave me this advice..
    its better to cheat than to repeat.

17. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

ha ha ha jayswami .... nice ones ...

coming back to topic , even i am totally against cheating , its not cheating someone else but cheating urself ...

well cheating is just an excuse to move out from a trouble easily , and most of the time people do it cos they are either lazy or not at all confident abt themself ..

i totally agree with jay that this is the core reason of corruption and mis management in our country , ..

i think we can start a thread discussing abt Problems in India ...

18. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^That'll go for even longer than the Word Association thread or the Very First Now Playing thread bobby, there's no end to problems.

19. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

wat i never understood is the concept of exam papers. i mean u study from a book the whole year and at the end they expect u 2 know 3/4 of the book so u can do an exam without it. and its worse for chemistry and things, hve u seen the size of the book, no wonder half the students just learn it by heart and never understand it.

20. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i never crammed organic chemistry.. i got 99/100 CBSE 12th exams in chemisty in 1992. Organic chmesitry is like math.. very logical but then maybe i had a good science teacher.. actually I did. the only regret i have is the way they taught me history in india.. like its all about dates when u learn histrory in school.. in reality that aint the case.. i do so much research on world history online.. its so facinating.. WW2 and stuff like that. even indian history and ancient civilizations etc.. history channel and discovery are my favorite channels.. i would probably major in history if i go to school again now... when i studied in india history was my least favorite subject.. cause the teacher just went thru her motions.. reading text books.. and kids used to just memorize dats and stuff. first battle of panipat was blah.. dandi marach was blah etc. the teacher never explained to us once.. that whay was dandi march such a big deal... that it created so much publicity.. reporters from USA covered it.. and it put indias freedom struggle in the front pages.. amazing PR stunt by gandhi.. my teacher never explained that to me... teachers are also not current in thier knowledge in middle and high schools unfortunately. that breeds the culture of memorizing. the teachers themselves do not know beyong the text books.. which arent updated evry year so do not stay current. I also do not believe in a centralized exam system. high schools should be autonomous.. and audited frequently to maintain high standards.. but for that u need a corruption free society.. damn chicken and egg situation.. aaaaaah