Pod xt live or g9.2tt???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by LEFTY_GUITARIST, Feb 3, 2007.

?

which processor??

1. Pod xt live

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. g9.2tt

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

hmm......which one wud u prefer??

n is it true tht some patches of pod xt live, tht are on the net, can destroy ur processors motherboard?? like virus patches n somthin like tht.....??plzz hlp.......

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

The POD XT Live is a tried and tested unit. It's amp-modelling is considered the best in any digital processing unit as of now (Or is that the Tonelab SE?). The g9.2tt is a new model, and so you could check out the harmony-central forums and reviews to get a better idea. Nothing like trying before buying though.

3. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

hmmm The G7 would be a better match for the PodXt.......G9 with two tubes is an overkill I feel !

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

G7 is 15k whereas POD XT LIVE is 20k+ so G9.2tt would be a better match :). All i advice the threadstarter is to TRY BEFORE BUYING if possible or else read as many reviews as possible and shoot around threads asking ppl if what you want in a processor is there in those two processors

5. thehundredthone

@TheDevil: Amps have 2-4 tubes so why not a processor with 2 tubes? It'll at least mollify the not so smart SS amp users :p:

6. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

amps have 2-4 tubes in the preamp and the poweramp section not only in the preamp which doesnt even matter in a processor :)

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Dude, as far as I remember - its been not even one year since you bought the KORG ax3000G.

why are you looking for a new onwe now?

8. thehundredthone

@TheDevil: Are you sure? Because the JCM900 has 3 preamp tubes I think ;)

9. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

10000zz preamps going through a SS poweramp wouldnt make much of a diference.....or would they ;)

10. thehundredthone

Like I said
    I think nothing can be done about the sound coming out through a solid state amplifier. Unless you like it, that is :p:
    People love the clean on Roland JC50 chorus I think (is that even the right name?)

11. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

hmmm if Im not mistaken people also like The Fender Twin Reverb. In fact more then the JC50 Jazz Chorus. :p:

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Tubes are overrated.

13. 6six6

6six6 New Member

the pod XT LIVE is wicked i have one
    check out the sound of my solo work, all is one take.

www.esnips.com/user/6six6
    check out section guitar solos

record only with podxtlive, and no no patches on the net will have a virus.

14. thehundredthone

@TheDevil: Dimebag used SS Randalls :boxed:

15. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

@THT....He Also Used Kranks. :p:
    Who said I favour tubes......In fact Ive never played a full tube amp.I just am trying to say that 1 tube of the G7 is more then enough to be put against the PoDXTL and the G9 doesnt make much of a diff when compared to the G7 all the simulations and effects quality is the same ...just that there are a few amp models more and there are two footswitches & that extra t00b, if u chk out in the Zoom forums....but I guess ur too busy trying to debate with me on everything I post in every other thread !

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

oooooooooo cat fighT!!!

17. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

@all thnx for ur replys.....i think tht try b4 buy thingy wud be better...

in kolkata....pod's askin price is 25k....and 50% of all the people who won pod are havin porbz wid dere podz. g9.2tt is 18k..

@alpha, dood, im happy wid mah ax3000g, and dis thread is not for me actually.:p:itz for my bands guitarist..............im a bassist......(also a drummer too...:eek::)

18. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

What do you think is the function of the tubes on the 9.2tt?

The tube on the G7 cannot be overdriven. One of the tubes on the 9.2tt can be.

The other tube, is only for the purpose of tone colouring (which is what the single t00b in the G7 does)

To the original poster, dont take the presence of tubes as a criteria. Like someone said, the PODxt is a tried and tested product. The 9.2tt not so much. Also if it is possible to check both products out, you should do so and then come to a conclusion. If it isn't, then do some research online, read reviews, etc.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I would reiterate: Tubes are overrated.

20. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^^^ Arguably, but... Which tube amps have u played?