plz helppp tell me can stereo cable work for electric guitar?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by maaani, Dec 13, 2006.

1. maaani

maaani New Member

plzz plzz plzzz tell me can stereo electric guitar cable can work properly..? becasue i have mono guitar cable and i have guitar processor in pc so whn i record my guitaring .. the sound comes from 1 speaker ... and if i want to record my voice also with guitar .. i conect another mic with the help of connector ..... noth mics did'nt work....

i think i should buy stereo guitar cable ...? can andy one tell me sterio cable can workk properly wid electric guitar..?

2. shak

shak Harrr!

i dont know what fancy setup you are taking about but i do know that guitars come in mono (except a few fancy digital ones from gibson, parker etc. but they cost a tonne)

only friggin mono!! though you 'can' use a stereo cable with mono guitar . .would take some soldering skills and a few modifications ..

open up control cavity, get rid of the mono guitar jack, get a stereo one .. solder the wires, base to base .. hot to first lug AND second (both lugs get the same hot wire cuz .. .guitar is MONO!!) ..

now you'll need an amp with a stero plug :D hehe .. but i guess you might be able to use the stereo male with a mono female 1/4 incher .. dunno .. give it a spin and post the results ..

3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Well if you can get hold of a jack that's mono at one end and stereo at the other it may work. Alternately you can use the procedure shak mentioned to convert one end of a stereo cable to mono and see the result.

@Shak: He's playing through hi-fi speakers.

4. shak

shak Harrr!

^ LOL yeah ofcourse!! why didnt i think of that .. :S

cut up a stereo cable .. get a mono 1/4" jack .. base goes to sleeve, two hots go to the same tip lug .. there, you are done!! mono on one end stereo on the other .. will work liek a charm .. no need to convert you gutiar at all!

5. yazi

yazi Banned

@SHAK: What do you do for a living man?(No pun intended)

6. shak

shak Harrr!

^ just a student mate :)

but i've got many hobbies, electronics, graphics, computers and guitars ..

work part time at a local store to pay for my 'expensive tastes' lol ..