Plz guide me in buying a guitar in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by krishnaG, May 8, 2006.

1. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

Hello Guys, I want to buy an accoustic guitar in the range of 3000 to 4000 rupees, in bangalore. Anyone knows which shop is good for buying a guitar in bangalore and which brand should i go for??
    Thanks for the reply in advance....

2. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

hello guys, I managed to go to couple of shops to find a gba guitar, and have seen one jumbo guitar with an under cut. the guy there is willing to give it for 5000rs(without a pickup) & 6000rs(with a pickup)....now want to know if its a good deal...also i really wanted to know its original....i see one round sticket inside the box, which says its a gb&a....but can anyone plz tell me what else should i look out for, to find out if its original one(any hologram sticker on it, or any specific texture of the wood, etc).....your help on this will decide if i buy it or not.....so please do reply....

waiting to hear from u experts....!

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Neh, ppl from Bangalore are too busy to be bothered.

4. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

hey but ppl from other places can also respond, atlease let me know what are the things in this guitar should i look for, to make sure its original and not a duplicate one....it looks very good with near finish and all....but i am not convinced if its original.....

5. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Gb&a is a decent guitar. There's also another brand called Pluto which i heard is good. Its real good quality for cheap. I suggest you check that out too at Rhythm musicals.

6. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

hey thx sridhar for replying, actually this is where i checked out gba(Rhythm)...will check pluto also then...but i am still waiting for any replies from ppl who own a gba, for its typical characteristics....

7. sridhar11_2

There are very few chances of there being a Gb&a rip off. If it says Gb&a at the headstock and inside the guitar chances are high that its original

8. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

wow, thx shridhar, i will now go to the shop, maybe tomorrow and buy it(or pluto) after checking on the things u mentioned.....i appreciate your help.thx!!!

i am planning to have a pickup fixed on it.....it should cost me 5000 together...

9. sridhar11_2

Cool. Do check out the Pluto and also BARGAIN like crazy:p:

10. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

sure, I am going to bargain like hell !! he should not drive me away from the shop though ;-)

11. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

guys, I got one more option of buying a "Signature" guitar....my friend gets them from calcutta, and showed me one of them which he has...not sure of the model name, but it is a semi-accoustic guitar (i.e its body is very sleek, i hope my understanding of semi-accoustic is correct), and has two 'S' shaped holes on either sides of the strings, on the box....he said it will cost me 5900 rupees, with two magnetic pickups put on it....

can anybody tell:
    1> if its a good guitar(to play chords especially)
    2> and the model name?
    3> and is the price right?
    4> is there any thread posted on it...i could not find more on this guitar

thx in advance for replying folks !!!

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Signatures acoustics sound decent in general, so do Hobners..but if you see the quality of the neck and general woodwork, its quite pathetic..I'd say try the Pluto , GB&a even J&D if you find it(I'm not sure on that)..
    As with all guitars play as many pieces as possible and choose the one which sounds and plays the best...
    Cheap semi-acoustics with pickups: better stay away..you are better off buying a GB&a elec for a few Ks more if you really want to plug in..
    And yes, Rhythm Musicals = rip-off artist...so bargain without shame, and get some free goodies too:p:..check out the prices in the shop opposite to it,just to get him squirmy...good thing is he atleast allows you to try out stuff for hours too, unlike Reynolds which is run by idiots..

13. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

hey nebu, thx for replying....
    I found couple of gba guitars, one with pickup which he said will give it for 6k and another one without a pickup for 5k......the gba wood work looks impressive....
    but i was told by someone that bga guitars are not durable, and is a "made in china" sort of goods....
    can you comment on this...have you used gba or know anybody who has is and is satisfied with it????

14. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Well, I dont know anyone having a GB&a, so cant comment on its longevity..better wait for a reply from someone who has first hand experience then..you can try out the Pluto, but its a new brand, introduced only a few months ago here so no feedback on how it holds up to use...

15. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

ok, thx nebu !
    can any "OWNER OF GB&A" tell me regarding the questions i have for it, in previsous message of mine?

plz do reply, as i am confused what to buy...i dont want to put so much money and then repent....anyways thx for the feedback :)

16. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

hey can any gb&a owners tell me about the above points...plzzzzzzzzzz!

17. the_lone_ranger

the_lone_ranger New Member

Gb&a

Sorry for the late reply. Chances are, you might have already bought the guitar.

I own a gb&a acoustic. I bought it from the shop on residency road, dont remember the name of the shop. The one in the small shopping complex, the first one on the right as you step in.

I bought it almost a year back. I paid 4400 after much bargaining and I also got a real good guitar padded carry case along with a guitar book and a set of strings free.

I have never had a reason to complain about the guitar. The sound quality is good if not exceptional. And I got a pick up installed too for Rs.200 ( gibson) after a month of buying at the same place.

Also not all china goods are bad. China also makes quality products for a far lesser price. Thats the reason we think they dont last. I suggest you bargain and get it for the price I paid, a few hundreds more probably.

And yes I agree when somebody said Reynolds is run by Idiots. Only, I could add some expletives to it.

Cheers