pls give me advise for electric guitar i want to buy

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by manishjhumroo, Mar 11, 2006.

1. manishjhumroo

manishjhumroo New Member

hello dear i m manish .i want to buy electric guitar.6000rs limit .pls tell me about good guitar and its function.it can make bass ?pls tell me shop in delhi.thank uall

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Nope
    for bass sound you will havto buy Bass guitar.

Within you price range, you can expect to get Givson, GB&A, J&D Brothers. Comet, Tansen.

Tansen and Comet may be slightlky moer expensive.

3. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i think gb&a will be good for the price. you can check out bharat music store and onstage in lajpat nagar

4. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

Hey man... you better go to Bharat @ Lajpat Nagar... or I think I have seena new shop just 500m away from Bharat... its a nice shop... but couldn't remind the name of the shop... if you have already bought then its ok... or else you can PM too... thanks...

5. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

u get electric guitar for so cheap in india???:shock:

am planning to buy one me too with a budget of abt 10k

can someone give some tips abt choosing one in the music shop????:eek::

6. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i have a Gb&A

its sounds better then those low range ibanez>
    whatever u do DO NOT BUY GIVSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(its crappy)
    go in for a tansen
    comet is a little high(1000+)
    dunno about J&D brothers

7. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

try to get a tansen guitar ..they used to make good guitars with absolutely brillian finishes..but i think they have closed factory

get tulasi venkoba to make one for you ..from the looks of it ,he makes neat guitars ..and the best part is you can give him anyshape and all your specs and he il make it ...and he doesnt charge the world..but the problem is ..he is over at chennai ,and i dunno if he ships l..but for you guys ,,tulasi is the way to go ..

regardin the sound..you cant expect much from a 6k and 10k guitar !!!!..buy the guitar and swap the pickups to your likin !!..

8. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

music shops

Delhi

Bharat(lajpat nagar)
    bhargavas(darya ganj)
    strings and drums(opposite mount kailash appartments)

Also i saw two good looking instruments stores in the market
    Jangpura(opposite oberoi hotel)

9. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Does he ship guitars to DELHI?????????

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

U call that cheap???
    do you how much that is compared to average Indian income?

Check teh prices in US. And compare it to the avg income of the ppl there.

11. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

no..but i think he ships to bangalore ...why not just ask somebody to bring it to you from chennai or better yet come over and pickup it ..you will still save a lotta cash in comparison to buyin a sad givson there ....

and alpha..you are rite man..6k is a lotta cash ...so spend it well on a good guitar and not waste it on a average givson ...and as always Custom is the way to go india if you want a good guitar an tulsi is one of those guys who makes some really good customs ..

or if you can stretch ur budget a little..i saw this little beauty on bajaoo.

http://www.bajaao.com/bajaao-sseries-electric-guitar-frets-floyd-rose-p-3709.html

specs wise that guitar is great..sure you have to change the pickups cuz for 8k ,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont think it will sound good..but after that..you get a killer guitar !!!...i am suprised relly that bajaao has come out with such a beauty ..and its got binding too ..but it aint shown in the picture

12. manishjhumroo

manishjhumroo New Member

thanks all

13. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^^^^^DON BUY GIVSON!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^

and yeah,Ur Welcome!!

14. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

The Bajaao JS copy looks amazing. For 8K it should be really worth.

15. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^^joe Satriani copy for 8000 bucks??

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yes
    :shock:

Disclaimer: Please open your eyes to sarcasm.

17. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Its not a JS copy. Its an Ibanez S series specifically the 520ex model i think. The S series is a Mahogany body guitar with the ZR bridge (very advanced). Probably better than the JS100 which is of a higher price.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

The thing that is amazing is that for 8K you are getting a Floyd Rose.

The Floyd Rose itself would cost upto 5K.

Imagine paying the reamning 3K for Ibanez guitar.
    HEHE

19. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Thats tru i really wanted it but the colour just throws me off. IF i buy it i'll give it an eddie van halen paint job. I was actually gonna go for it next month but i've decided to just get a good sound card instead.

20. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Actually, you get Floyd Rose Licensed bridges in China for as less as Rs. 1800-2000. So not that expensive. But S series Ibanez for 8K is amazing...