Please Vote

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by cronix, Apr 30, 2006.

?

Which is the best of the following guitars?

1. Fender dg4ce

63.6%
  2. Takamine g240

9.1%
  3. Washburn d10s

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ovation applause

27.3%
  1. cronix

cronix New Member

Here are the four guitars i find good enough to buy but cant shortlist one of them. please vote for the one u find best.

2. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

abe yaar - it all depends on ur motivation - skill - experience and pocket(MOST IMPORTANT) on which u shud buy ur guitar...so think bout it...

3. cronix

cronix New Member

pocket is not an issue.... just vote for the one u think is the best

4. pikrohit

pikrohit New Member

what the helll? this is the 3rd thread u r starting for same question.im not voting

5. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

hey buddy dont mean to be rude but pls dont start so many threads for the same q and issue. Ok this one is alright cause you want a poll, but plss.. Look I tell you again, DONT BUY THE GUITAR ONLINE NO MATTER WHIHC BRAND. I would prefer the Oviation. But not every one like Oviations. All those guitars you mentioned are good. But cheak them out before buying one. Also what is good and best for me may not be good for you, I ma talking abouth feel of the neck, tone ext. deceide if you want a cut away or not. That would be good starting point.
    As for accoustic Guitars Oviation would rule over any of those. But as I said it depends on what you are looking for. Also do you want the Guitar to have a built in pick up( that would be a nice bonus).

P.S. Which model in the Ovitaion appllause series are you considering ?
    Again let me tell you dont go by any Brand names, though that is a good staring point, whihc you have alredy done, now it is the time for you to cheak out and see which one is good, for you and whihc guitar plays better. i have alredy told you There will always be the Ocasional Bad guitar by any guitar comapany, and that is the reason not to buy online. I have a vintage Dreadnought that is made by a Company called "THE JUMBO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS", whihc no one has ever heard of it sounds so beautifull that it beats most guitars from big Brand names, ofcousre the reason it sounds so good is probably because it is vintage. So dont go by Brand names.
    from that list I like Ovitaon the best any day followed by Fender then Takamine and then Washburn. But I will not be surprised if I find a washburn that sounds and plays better then the Oviation, Fender and Takamine. So PLAY THE GUITAR BEFORE BUYING IT. DONT BUY IT ONLINE. You have played an Oviation and liked it then buy it.

6. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

By the way Oviation and Takamine are the only two guitar companies in that list who are Dedicated in making ACOUSTICS. I dont know any authorised Takamine dealer, but Furtados is an Autorised Oviation dealer.

7. vini

vini Repeat Offender

fender..cut it out now

8. cronix

cronix New Member

hey guys thanks for all the advice..... i have tried the ovation but it had no pickup..... and i just wanted to know other people's view on the guitars too.... i am surely gonna try before i buy. which is the best place for guitars at mumbai?

9. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Ovation is the best amongst these. If you want pickups then the best of the rest is the Fender.

One more thing though.. buying the guitar should depend on how you feel when you play it before buying it. Check out every guitar, play about 15 mins at least on each and then but the one you feel most comfy with.

10. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

+1 excatly what I am saying. also cheak out the Oviation website.

@Cronix you say the Ovitaion did not have a pickup? thats odd please vist there website . I may be wrong but I have not seen or heard of an Oviation without a pickup

11. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

You missed out Yamaha. Since the "pocket" is not an issue, get a Takamine - it costs $200 here brand new.

My other suggestion would be to get a cutaway - it's more comfortable to play.

12. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Fender....always has been and always will be dependable.
    Now seriously shut this down...im suprised this is still up.

13. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

i've played the fender and the ovation, and i must say i found the overall tone and feel of the ovation better.

14. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Although I have vote for Oviation. I say it again all these Guitars are good. I am very surprised no one has voted for Takamine. Look Cronix, you need to play the guitar before you buy one. I have said it before and I say it again, ther will b e occasional bad guitars from Big Manufactureres. And Occasional Beautifully made guitars from another guitar manufacutrer. I too have played an Oviatio, Fender and Washburn and I liked the Oviation better in terms of feel, tone, and built.
    Oviation and Takamine are dedicated Accoustic Electric guitar manufactures. Unlike Fender and Washburn. Yes Fender and Washburn make exellent accoustic too. But remmber Oviation and Takamine are in the market because of thier accoustics.

15. cronix

cronix New Member

Hey guys i got a fender dg4ce.... i checked it out and found it extremely good.... it has a piezo pickup with a four band equilizer and a built in pre amp.... it is a cut-a-way guitar.... i am happy with it.... not a bad deal for 9100/- right