Please suggest a guitar for a beginner?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mithu_angel, Apr 14, 2010.

1. mithu_angel

mithu_angel New Member

I am knew to music world! I have keen interest in learning guitar, I want to buy a guitar (Acoustic). Please suggest me a good brand?? With details (specifications, availability, cost...). My budget is max Rs 4500.

2. dr_guitar

dr_guitar New Member

i guess, go to a guitar shop and find a guitar.. hold it, sit on a guitar stool with it.. have a feel. get a guitar based only on its feel, its comfort in ur hands and NOT on basis of its looks or graphics. also, the most good looking guitars may not be the best ones for you... also, get a guitar with a thick body and not a thin body.. also check the action, which should neither be high nor too low... i am also a beginner, and have a JIMM guitar, which is an indian made guitar which costed me 4500 rupees in jaipur (my hometown). its grt as a beginner guitar ! hope this helps...

3. y2ksameer

y2ksameer New Member

Hey mithu_angel,

When I started learning the guitar, I bought myself a GIVSON jumbo and it's been with me for 10 years. I absolutely adored the instrument and the sound. You'll get it easily in your budget. Try it out. It's a BIG guitar so might not be a good option if you have a small body.
    Nevertheless, go and check it out.

Other than that, you can get ARIA guitars , PLUTO etc. GIVSON is an indian brand and they have a good guitar range. Plus they're readily available in India (Delhi).