Please keu help koro!!!

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by sdp, Jan 27, 2010.

1. sdp

sdp New Member

Please keu help koro!!!
    have a Acoustic guitar with a Pick-Up.....
    I tested the pick up on a Stranger amplifier.....it works fine

but when i connect it to my Oscar 5.1 ch Surround System,it doesn't work!!!!

pls help me out......
    Thanks in advance!!!!

2. rDmajor

rDmajor New Member

3. shadher lau

shadher lau New Member

Mine works! I don't understand why yours should not. I have used my acoustic pickup with a lot of sound systems but never seems to be a problem. It could either be that your pick up is not sensitive enough, if that is so then it would also show problems with an amplifier if it is not powerful enough. otherwise check the converter that you are using to connect to your surround system. Converters damaged easily if not factory damaged (which it is most of the time).

Cheers!

4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

The problem seems to be with the connector/converter you are using. How do you connect your guitar jack with the speaker? Does your sound system have a stereo input (the big input generally seen in amps)? Or, do you use a stereo to mono converter? Even if you connect the jack properly, it may not work because the input signal might be too weak for the home theater system. My suggestion is that you connect the jack to your computer input (with a converter) and then boost the input frequency by 10db to 20db. Now, just connect the speaker system to the volume output of the computer. That should solve your problem and not only that, this will enable you to record what you are playing. If you are not sure about anything, just reply here with minute details of your setup.:beer:

5. sdp

sdp New Member

thnx gogol but what is a converter......
    i got a cable made for my home theatre......same as the one we use in amps....just one end is a stereo input for my speaker bcoz it doesnt have a big input like da amps

can u pls tell me how to use the computer to boost the freq level???? i cant understand it
    THANKS IN ADVANCE

6. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

That's a kind of converter. Have you checked the wire you are using? Check it with a multi-meter to find out if it is working properly,i.e. if the signal is coming through the wire.

The second part of your question depends on your sound card. I use Realtek sound card and Windows Vista. I am posting my settings. See if it works for you..

First Plug your wire into the Microphone input (you can use Line-in also, but the settings will change accordingly).

Go to Control Panel -> Sound

in the dialog box, go to the "recording" tab.
    First see if your microphone is enabled, then select Microphone and click on Properties below.
    In the next dialog box, go to Levels Tab
    Here you find the mic volume and boost option
    Be sure to un-mute the microphone if it's muted.

I think this would solve your problem. If it doesn't, post the screenshots of the dialog boxes you just opened...

7. sdp

sdp New Member

I use Realtek n Win Xp
    I have got to the Audio Input tab
    but the properties option is inactive.....

8. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

IT must be disabled then. Post the screenshots...

9. sdp

sdp New Member

Sorry to be ignorant......but how do i post the screenshots.....
    i have the pics but how do i upload them????

10. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

either upload it in imageshack.us and post the url, or click "Go Advanced" button here and attach the files that you have..

11. sdp

sdp New Member

thnx again gogol
    here it is....

Attached Files: