please help me find staff notations...

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by vasanth, Feb 26, 2005.

1. vasanth

vasanth New Member

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum as well as to the guitar. I have been listening to Ilayaraaja's music since i was a kid and I adore him more than god. I started learning the instrument 3 months back. I am in Arizona and have very little exposure to south indian guitarists here (to be specific there are NONE!!!)...i am in the process of reading the staff notations and can play a couple of english songs using the G, B and E srings. But i dont want to play English songs as i am not able to enjoy the music. I was looking for guitar notes for some tamil songs on the net and did find some. But they use a different tablature which i find it very difficult to read. Is there any website that has notes for tamil songs using staff notations?

If not, is there an easy way to read the tablatures posted in this forum and convert it to staff notations?

Thanks for being patient to go thro this crap. Hope someone replies to this...

2. vasanth

vasanth New Member

3. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

Hi Vasanth, welcome to the forum
    I personally feel guitar tabs are easier to read than staff notation. Go to the guitar tablature discussion forum or the beginners Q&A forum here, and u can learn them easily.
    As for the link u gave, I think that those notations are only for the melody of the song. As an aspiring guitarist, you should not be trying to play the song melody on your guitar. Instead, concentrate on chords for the songs rhythm and on playing interludes (IR songs have some great guitar interludes, and you can find tabs for some of them in this forum)
    Good luck

4. hs07

hs07 New Member

Ananth,

Correction, I checked the sameple song (zara zara) - it has melody and chords and interlude (at least it had the intro, I'd think there would be other interludes as well - in the full version of the song).

Also, one thing missing in tablature is time - some folks (like yourself and other pro's) can get it - for beginners, timing is very very important and staff notation provides exact timing (of course assuming the writer did it properly :p: ).

In any case, I totall agree with your recommendation - guitar serves well as an accompaniment instrument, so would concentrate on chords and throw in interludes/solos/intros/outros and other fillers to enhance the playing.

5. vasanth

vasanth New Member

Thank you for the help guys. I'll check out the Q&A section.

cheers !!!

-v-

6. bipul mandal

bipul mandal New Member

hello, i am bipul , lots of thanks for Indianguitartabs.com and their users.

7. allen sebastian

allen sebastian reverbnation.com/nissi

ya ananth222 u r right! Vasanth try that! and hey man u adore a human more than god? remember that God only gave knowledge to raja.. give first importance to God! coz raja itself doing that only! raja u know na ilayaraja.. yup :) all the best for your musix! take care