Please help finding the right IBANEZ

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by tanveer_metal, Jun 1, 2005.

1. tanveer_metal

tanveer_metal New Member

Hey All;
    I would like 2 know which ibanez model shud i go in for. I play strictly metal; bands like METALLICA, SLAYER ,MEGADETH, PANTERA ,etc mainly old school thrash stuff. Inorder to contain my distortion needs i already have purchased EMG 81 active pickups which im gonna put on the ibanez. Note it should have a tremelo bar sice i m into shredding.

My budget is between 25000- 30000 max. Also i wud like 2 knw which ibanez did AMAR from SCEPTRE play.

SO please suggest somr real awesome ibanez model which will satisfy the above. Also if not ibanez which other brand is gud 4 metal i my budget

THANKS

2. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

guitar or guitarist its up to perfection

hi Mr. if want to play like, heavy metal or so, it doesnot lies in guitars, its up to ur perfection, but anyways ibanez are very good guitars, i like them because satch and steve have theses, my genuine suggestion is buy any js series guitar, they help u in shredding and u can play very fast also they have floyd rose tremelo system they r great, and also u should buy a processor digitech rp80 is a good processor u can play any style with them, good luck

3. guitguy

guitguy New Member

guitars and playability

Hey dont say that Ibanez can only produce Metel sounds,when you look for tone go for Good amps,and other supporting gadgets, then for agood guitar which has good playablity of any make ,other wise your investment will be wasted and you dont get wht you thinking of,so dont run around the guys who is using brands,Secondly about your practise <iknow a college band here they dont have much priced equips,but they are manging mettallica and megadeth feasibly.So equipment is not primary,your playing is primary,all others r supporting things.So when u go for any make check it out wheather u can play with it or not. :rockon:

guit guy

4. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

you have quite a good budget..
    so why dont you try jackson?
    metallica used to play it..megadeth plays it..

5. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Don't buy something 'cuz someone else uses it. Just my 2 cents. I own a LP and a JEM and both suit different tastes and different playing styles. If you have decided on Ibanez, I'd suggest you buy an older Japanese made one (maybe used) or then one of the Prestige models as they have an excellent neck...since you anyway gonna put in the EMG 81/85, then pickups will not be an issue...just make sure you have someone good to install the pickups- as the input jack needs to be changed.

I have the actives on my LP and they smoke...but again its a matter of choice.

On the Ibanez front, if someone is getting the guitar for you from the US, then you have a budget of $650. Consider buying a used JEM 7DBK or the newer JEM 555 (2004-2005)...if you get these then the Evos on them are good ...u can still replace them with the actives if that's what you want - and sell the evos and recover the costs of the EMGs....

Other Ibanez Models would be RG550, RG560 - I know these are the older ones, but believe you me, the Japanese made ones are 100 times better than the Korean ones flooding the markets...please avoid RG270, 470, 250DX...

Another bright option would be to get the JEM 555 - put the actives on it and change the bridge to an Ibanez Lo-Pro....now that would be killer as the 555 neck isn't that bad - not as great as the 777s but good.....

Hope this helps...do let me know what you finally decide...

6. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Hey black mamba - dont you think thats a little too much work, I mean changing this, changing that, i would never do it

7. chintan9

anyways regarding the guitar, go for an Ibanez. According to me this brand is total value for money, no regrets whatsoever.

8. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@tanveer, have you considered the Jackson line? Since you already have the active EMG's, you might want to think about a DXMG or a DKMG. Or even check out the ESP line, whichever suits you better. All of them have good tremolo systems.

9. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

or go to guitartrader.com - ull get a nice esp on 50% (and 850 dolalr one for 419 dollars)discount well into ur budget leaving lots of money to get a good amp.

10. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Chintan that may be your perspective. But changing stuff is not a big issue unless you are not *that* experienced and don't care too much about factory-fresh looks. Interestingly, how long have you been playing?

BTW, that post was for Tanveer - he needed guidance - just for the record.

11. chintan9

@ black mamba- around 3 years da.

Anyways, in India its totally different man.Its freakin hard to find a luthier who can change the bridge ,pups etc(and do it well). I mean fixed bridge is fine but a floating bridge is doubtful. I mean, u never will be satisfied with the end product.
    The cause for this would probably be lack of experience.
    More later............

12. chintan9

If u leave it to me I would go in for a guitar that I would never need to upgrade or modify again. I really dont go by the name. Even if a local guitar suits my needs i would buy it.

13. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Well once you mature your guitar playing skills, you will realize tht you will have to mix and match and have to change pups, bridges, nuts, tuners etc (even a whole neck sometimes).....and you have to do them yourself....its a matter of interest....

If you own a guitar - you have to maintain it yourself....don't get too addicted to having servants for everything man (washing dishes, wiping the floor, stringing your guitar...etc.)!! Hehe :)

As an ending note - you said 'If u leave it to me I would go in for a guitar that I would never need to upgrade or modify again.' - There is no such thing as the best, ultimate or perfect guitar - hence you will always have to modify and upgrade/downgrade.....its a fact.

Anyway, to get back on track, Tanveer, did you think about anything yet on the Ibanez front??? Also have a look at DXMG by Jackson....

Also, if the whammy is not a big need (don't know what the fuss is about) then consider buying a Les Paul and putting the Actives on them (since you already are getting them) - although PAF Pros might also be a good option on them.

The general (and somewhat ignorant) presumption is that all rock-looking guitars are for rock/metal and the Les Pauls are for blues, melody etc....have a look around, most heavy metal bands play Les Paul...why becuase of the sustain, the tones and the versatality...if you getting the Actives, I would recommend a Les Paul.

But then again its a matter of taste, if you're young and wild then maybe an Ibanez guitar would appeal for the cool factor and the looks, but if you are older or more mature, then a Les Paul certainly adds more character - besides it plays much better than all these rock guitars combined.

If you are considering a LP, PM me...I know a little bit about them and have an Epiphone Les Paul Custom (in Black) for sale....

14. chintan9

I wasnt talking about an ultimate guitar. Take some time to read and understand.

I was talking about a guitar that would suit my needs. Something that would satisfy me and only me. The ultimate guitar would be everyones favourite, something that everyone thinks is the best, something that doesnt exist.

For eg- If a tansen or Gb&a is able do give me wat I want then why should i spend thousands more on an ibanez, fender etc.

I hope u understand now.

15. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

@Chintan - Looks like you missed the point...anyway....the post here is all about Tanveer...so let's not hijack it....

16. chintan9

ya right
    scroll up and youll see that you were the one who started it;)

17. tanveer_metal

tanveer_metal New Member

THANKS guys for the help keeping the suggestions in mind m goin on tis weekend to try out the jackson n some of the ibanez model which black mambas suggested n buy the 1 which suits me. CHEERS . btw any idea on which ibanez AMAR from SCEPTRE was using

18. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Where u At tanveer??

19. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

check out an jackson DXMG or an ESP (LTD) MH 400

20. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Jackson.....ESP....would be gr8!

with budget like dat.....you got loads of choices.