Playing commercial songs in guitar shops banned!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by nitinzep, Dec 22, 2005.

1. nitinzep

nitinzep New Member

2. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

neva heard this befor sounds weird for me

3. nitinzep

nitinzep New Member

4. shak

shak Harrr!

haha ridiculous ..
    the people down at soundcontrol music store in central birmingham have lads displaying different gear round the clock .. its always a concert when you walk in and they play all the cool stuff .. even take in requests for special customers .. wonder how they will take this news ..

5. nitinzep

nitinzep New Member

I think cover bands are as good as dead if this is anything serious. How the hell can tabs be called cpoyright infringement as they are never an exact replica of the song..

6. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

strange yaaaaaaar

7. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

i bet they cant stop tabs and chords....

8. shak

shak Harrr!

^ they already have .. mpa is on it

9. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

o come on... internet is full of tabs n stuff....surely they cant clear all that..!!

10. nitinzep

nitinzep New Member

I cant download a single tab from taborama!!!!!!! ITS SERIOUS... :shock:

11. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

no wayyyyyyyyyy yaaaaar

12. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

So i have to play OCs in Guitar shops?? Man they'll copy it and sell it.. :)

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Pathetic

Yeah really pathetic!

Especially what has been happeneing the last few days/weeks.

"Identifiable riffs" - my foot!

How can the MPA or for that matter any godforsaken agency claim that the tabs the actual way to play the song?

And nexy are they gonna stop ppl from playing the covers?

So that means there will be no covers or judges choice rounds in competitions (yipee yahoo!)
    all original compositions.

But then as hindiRox says, if we play our own comps; it is possible that someone "plagiarise" it: darn we'll have to first copyright our song before playing them anywhere.

Anyone has any Idea how much money it takes and the procedures to copyright songs?

HAHA - soon the blues / rock / metal etc music will be copyrighted, patented and we will have to play royalties to the authorities and the "owners" to play taht kind of music.

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

nothign serious will happen...........people will still play covers in guitar shops and concerts

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Covers on shops - maybe
    Covers in concerst - hmmm - u need to work out the finance aspect, now that u need to shell out royalty to the original performer.

16. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

this is going from strange to weird to outrageous. first tablature and now playing the tablature. im wondering how this is going to be enforced.

going a bit off-topic, see if u spot a trend here. a lesson in how to reply informatively to a topic.

bjr likes this.
  17. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Once we copyright them.. They will become identifyable riffs.. So we cant play that in shops too.. LOL..

If they stop covers, we'll stop them from coming to INdia.. Mass protest LIKE LIVE 8 will happen...

bjr likes this.
  18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well d00d you can always play your own stuff (whether copyrighted or not)

whatwas the LIVE 8 thing?
    Anyway, whatever it is you can count me in.

19. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Live 8 was a conert held over 2 days continoous featuring some of the most prominent music artists in association with the make powerty history campaign

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

So are you suggesting we team up with the very ppl who are in a way suing us for making and osting tabs and playing their music?

HA

Even though none of teh musicians have voiced their concerns but keeping mum over this is certainly a sign of acceptance.

Infact in a similar fashion we see many actors/movie personalities protesting etc against piracy.

But when the question comes to condemning the black ticket / hoarding etc issues - they keep mum.

Guess i went slightly off, but then what I said holds relevance.