play guitar fast while sitting but when i stand and play my speed is reduced

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by demonstealer666, Aug 12, 2004.

1. demonstealer666

demonstealer666 New Member

hey some 1 help me, when i play guitar while sitting, i play really fast, but when i stand and play my speed is reduced.and jayanth i m sorry for typing my mail address

2. rajscorps

rajscorps Kaput

May be it has something to do with the chair you're sitting on. Try standing on the same chair and see if it helps.

:p One a serious note...move this to the right board.

Raj

3. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Wrong Forum.. ANyways.. Thats because of a syndrome called "Too Much Sitting And PLaying" .. YOu are too used to the comfort of the chair that now yo ucant stand and play.. THe distances and teh bending of the arm joints are now used to the chair positions.. YOu can get over this by standing and practicing alternately with your sitting practices..

4. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

Maybe it has to do with the angle of the fretboard. It can change when you are sitting or standing. Compare that and adjust ur guitar strap accordingly.

5. jayanth

May not be the perfect cause for his problem Ananth..

6. demonstealer666

demonstealer666 New Member

okay i think jayanth is rite, i will practice by standing

7. jayanth

I had gone thru the phase.. But early stages.. Now i'm a stage freak.. So i cant afford t osit and play..

8. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

yeah.....i face this similar problem......after i got my electric 2 yrs back , i freaking found it hard to stand and play,, then i got used to it in the meantime!

master the tough rest are easy:grin:

9. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Year old thread man.

10. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

..me thinks the fretboard should be at an approx. 45 degress angle....i read it some where but discarded the idea as i couldn't take a D with me everytime i play guitars .....

11. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i dun mind creating a new thred! ;)

12. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

maybe youre suspending yur guitar too low when you are standing. try raising it a bit. the trick is, if you are accustomed to playing sitting, then hang your guitar at a height that resembles the position the guitar had when you were sitting.