Planning to get a Egnater Rebel 20

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rickkkyrich, Jul 27, 2011.

1. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

He works on amps too, but if you need any other amp tech' number I do not have one, Maybe try Ansar of be3 amps. He may help. His 9820223719. If there are any minor things that needs to be done, I can do it too :D

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Another thing is the Wood to be used in the cabinet... Which wood is good ??... i told bobby that MDF shud be okay for me... but he said i shudn't be going for the MDF and should rather opt for somethin better like.. walnut etc.. Any suggestions on that.. The driver i would prefer is the Greenback...

3. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

MDF does not have any sonic properties to it, so you would get neutral sound and no inclusions of the wood itself, Blatic birch is used on most cabs made by many companies, e.g. Marshall, Laney, Mesa Boogie etc. Maple is another choice that would give a bright sound to the overall tone. I am not sure about walnut though. A vintage 30 would be my choice anyday....

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Now this greenback and Vintage30 is another confusion.. I heard for blues Greenback is better...

5. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Spkrs

Well, I would say hear the speakers yourself, and not someone who heard it's opinion...I mean there are shootouts on you tube, where you can hear how each of these speakers sound, and decide for yourself. I play a lot of blues too and I would prefer a V30 or a Jensen, But I would say don't go by what i say and check out any possible ways to hear these speakers before you decide.

Here are some really good shootouts --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWK0sa7tlfI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KbS1NUaP6I&feature=related

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Can i try them out somewhere in Bangalore?

7. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

I doubt that, If you can find a Vox Night Train 112 Cabinet, that houses a Greenback in it and you can find those cabs at furtados or at other music store guys, Not sure of a cab which has Vintage 30's though, as they are found in high end cabs, but then you need to do some research to find which cabs have them stock.

8. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Ya i actually went to check out the NT cab but furtados dint had it in their store... They have one in the warehouse.. lemme try out again sometime.... Maybe on the weekend..

9. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I saw an amp Bobby had built when I went over to get my Laney fixed. Pity I couldn't try it out. Go over with your guitar, try it out and see what it's like, he's a nice guy, I think he'll let you do that.

10. deepsal

deepsal New Member

if you want a cheap vintage cab google harley benton g212v,but you'l have to buy it online

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

@hundredthone: Ya man... I had called him up yesterday and he asked me to come over to his place and try it out... I'll try to go this weekend...

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

How bout getting a Mesa Boogie Trans Atlantic 15 ?

13. deepsal

deepsal New Member

forget about it
    you wont be able to afford it

14. flood

flood New Member

get yourself a cab made from 18mm MDF or plywood. end of story. both are pretty dead, sonically. walnut and other woods are not necessarily "better", just really pretty and expensive. they will introduce their own sonic characteristics into your overall tone, which might not be something you want and is quite frankly nearly impossible to estimate beforehand, despite what anyone will tell you - you have the speaker + wood + cab construction all coming into play and it gets really complex then. baltic birch and pine etc. are nice when you're going after a specific sound, like the 1974x, AC30 or bassman, but for my set of cabs i wanted to hear the speaker and not the wood.

i would go for a vintage 30 for a bit more versatility, since you want to play metal. if you're doing a 2x12 do a V30+greenback combo, sounds pretty awesome.

15. flood

flood New Member

and what if he can? :-?

i like how the anonymity of the internet allows for displays of arrogance with absolute impunity.

16. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

@Flood: Yes i think you are right as i donno how different woods will affect the sound so i'm better off with a rather dead cabinet and trust only the speakers for the sound.. i m getting the VOX NT cab with a greenback for some 11k.. i'm sure if i customize it it'll be almost the same price.. It comes with MDF i guess.. I am yet to try it.. maybe this weekend...

17. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Ofcourse i can my buowy.. As i dont need to ask the daddy for the cash for the li'l things.. Cheer up my buowy... Don't be the jealous !

18. deepsal

deepsal New Member

jealous. ...hahaha
    mesa's are overpriced
    you will need a stepdown transformer with it
    you will need to pay about 50-60 more than the orignal price as there isnt any official mesa dealer in india
    aint worth it
    my friend keshav dhar got an axe fx ultra from us and i intend to follow his footsteps and get an axe fx ii
    in the meantime i got an ibanez tubescreamer
    isp decimator
    and schaller guitar locks from u.s my cousin got it 2 days back from u.s and she'l be posting it via mail from delhi tommorow :D

19. deepsal

deepsal New Member

@baadh i wasnt being arrogant :\ i meant the duty and import system of india is so ****ed up he'l paying up paying almost twice the cost

and i would say get a warehouse vertain 30 over these two google about them you'l oder em straightaway :D

20. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

I would say go for the Night Train Cab, its a decent cab, I had a chance to play it a while back when furtados had it in stock. If you are going to use it primarily at home, it would be a great cab...However, for gigs at least a 2x12 should be loud enough and should project the sound in a bigger way. The Tweaker is as close to good as the transatlantic, however you may also want to check out Ceriatone as i said earlier, if you really want to spend the kind of money a transatlantic would cost you.
    Or maybe a Laney GH50L head would be neat too, or a Laney Lionheart, Lionheart amps are kickass, I must say. Love the tone....made in UK.