planning to buy an Epiphone LesPaul LP 100

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by allen sebastian, Dec 17, 2007.

1. allen sebastian

allen sebastian reverbnation.com/nissi

planning to buy an Epiphone LesPaul LP 100, does anyone own that? if you know any + and - of that guitar please tell me, it'll be fine for me to know that,

2. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

Nooo!!!

I would suggest DO NOT go for the LP100..its a cheapo. If Les paul style is what you want then go for the greg bennett avion series..The AV6 for 18,500 is packed wit features and waaay better quality product. The LP100 really sucks ass.

https://gregbennettguitars.com/av6.html

Am buying either the AV3 or AV6 this week.

P.S: The makers of greg bennetts guitar line-Samick, are the ones who also manufacture epiphones for gibson

3. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Don't buy the LP 100. Epi's are worth it from the Custom and above. Get the AV6

4. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Epiphone is Gibson's make-copies-of-big-time-guitars-for-cheap-en-masse company. The sole difference between Gibson's models and Epiphone's are that Epiphone's are often less good in labour quality and wood type. The stock pickups (like 90% other stock pickups) are despicable in tone.
    Same applies for Squire guitars (they make 'em for Fender)

5. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

^^ True, but the elitist are a class apart. saying tht none of them are sub $1000 :)

6. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Well, its not about the brand, its about the model

7. ShivanikHendrix

ShivanikHendrix New Member

my friend has both iv played on em i found the frets of the av6 were small so it was easy to solo but overall ill agree wid dese guys go 4 the greg ........

8. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

Can you describe your experience with the AVs you played in brief?? like a short review? though i am almost certain of buying either AV3 or AV6 it would be good to knw abt them beforehand.

9. allen sebastian

hey sandeep thanks for your mail, i saw avion, ya it's really nice, and what about the sound gives same lespaul?? is't availale in India, is this a copy of gibson....

10. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

Welcome dude.
    Well I personally havent been lucky enough to play a GIBSON LP,so i cant give my comparison between the two.But from what the reviews at harmony-central and ultimate-guitar say, the AV6 is very close to the original Gibson sound and playability. I played AV3 and it really impressed me.So I guess AV6 has to better.Right? ;)

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/samick/avion_av6/index.html

https://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Samick/AV6+Greg+Bennett/10/1

Yes,it is available in India.But its selling like crazy.Even asking furtados a month in advance to call and tell me didn't help..i went after 3 days of the call and only a black one was left :(

11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Well I've played an LP Studio and let me tell you, there isn't one other guitar that I have played, that was almost perfect in so many ways. I didn't get too much time with it, but man, I now know that it's not all talk.

12. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

THe other guitarist in our band has a LP...think its a studio...beautiful guitar. Chilly Potato uses te same guitar (his brother)...amazing guitar it is. The LP 100 sucks donkey nads though....theres a guy selling a Gibson Hawk for 16k...look into that.

13. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

^^I dont thing the gibson hawk is going to give the gibson LP sound..the hawk is having a 25 1/2 in. scale length(same as the fender strats) which make them more twangy..The gibson LPs on d other hand have a 24 3/4 in scale length-one of the primary contributors to its typical sound. Read on the link of the hawk tht u posted before in someother thread.

14. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

That's true to an extent, at the same time though, there's only so much brightness from mahogany and buckers.

15. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

everything contributes-the scale length,mahogany and humbucks to produce the classic LP sound..but IMO the scale length could be the major factor..coz an ibanez rg321MH doesnt sound like an LP though it has mahogany and humbucks..

16. Shreddy

i have both scales on my guitars. my ESP Viper has the shorter scale and the Edwards Alexi Laiho has the longer one. No 'twang' as far as i hear. But theres a much thicker chug to the Viper....maybe because of the 81 and 85 in it..

17. allen sebastian

ok sandeep! so finally i'm sitting and planning for a Samick AV6 Greg Bennett k!! can u please tell me the dealers in India or their websites, i'm in South part, how much it costing? thanks for your reply..

18. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

19. Shreddy

^Ive tried. But its no worthy comparison since they dont have the same pickups. EMG activs and passives.