Pipe Dreams - Pipers In Youtube

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by ronnieanand, Mar 27, 2007.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    This one is an instrumental called Pipe Dreams. My first attempt of my kind of progressive. It has about 6 key changes. Otherwise it's a fairly simple one. Check it out and give feedbacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4mfZiVAA8Q

2. ronnieanand

No listeners....:annoyed: :annoyed:

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Oh shoot i didnt know no-one commented, :rock: Solid performance, i liked this even better, perhaps cause the vocalist was on the sidelines. I like very nice!

4. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Nice!! Only heard half of it, and I loved what I heard :)

The solo around 2.15 is really haunting. Nicely done.

I saw all the other vids too, gonna comment here cause I'm too lazy to post onthe other threads.

Warpigs - My favorite pipers recording. Period.
    Black Night- Decent.... Wish the bassy had been a lil louder, couldnt hear his solo properly... Drummer is good, but his solo sorta felt out of place.
    NIB- Wheres the intro bass solo???? Great work on the guitar. Seems to me like u followed the Iommi solo very closely this time.. y? Thought u dint like learning solos. ;)

In general,

Vocalist - 6/10 Sounded a lot better than the earlier stuff... I still dont like him much though.

Guitars - 9.... 9 Cause I'm mean :p

Bassy - Couldnt hear much, so not gonna rate him... Mebbe the bass should be a lil louder next time?

Drummer -9.5 Loved the way he played on warpigs... dint really like the drum solo much... just not my thing...

What was ur setup like for the gig? This is one gig I would have paid to watch..... Damn college @holes, keeping f'in meetings.....

One thing... I really feel u should play more own comps and kinda cut back on the covers, and try to engage the audience more... interact a lil more :)

5. ronnieanand

Thanks dude....The bassy was loud enough but when recorded through mobile camera or handy cam, the bass frequencies are lost usually. Cant help it. N.I.B had an intro bass solo, check it out again. In N.I.B I followed the first solo pretty closely but the second solo follows it closely to some extent and it goes on totally on its own and also much longer than the original solo...Not that I didn;t like learning solos....I couldn't learn the solos....My abilities didn't permit me to learn the solos, so I make my own thing...
    You said guitars were good and only 9 for me :think: .....the drummer didn't play a solo pleasing enough for you but 9.5 :annoyed: :annoyed:

The solo for Instrumental is based on a Carnatic Raag called Maaya Maalava Gowla....I just love this scale...I was trying it to fit this raag for the past 6 months and my band members would never allow me to use it....finally put it in this song....i am glad i did it.....another Carnatic Raag is coming soon in the next songs....

6. ronnieanand

My setup is the same.....Parker -> Ernie Ball Volume Pedal -> AMT Fatal Tube -> Rocktron Short Timer Delay -> Amp....All the other pedals were there but not being used for these songs...
    I am glad you liked it....
    We are working on more originals....We currently have about 4 originals and we have few more in the making...Thanks for these words....Initially we had to play covers, so that people sit and take notice of the band....Now things are slowly happening, we are also going more towards originals.....

7. Double Click

Double Click New Member

What were ur settings on the Fatal Tube?

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Told u I am mean :dance: :dance: :dance:

9. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Chked... There is a 14 second doodle, hardly a solo, and someone says the bassy is camerashy...

10. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

i was lookin for some fast leads.....not bad an effort....i liked ur hair but....its too hot and humid in Mumbai and forbidden at work to have tresses tht long for me [:(]

Hey Ronnie have u heard of a band called Infinite Dreams in Bangalore? Seen their guitarist play? Tht bloke is goooood man.

11. ronnieanand

The bass solo is much longer....the guy who recorded it is the culprit....

12. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Maya maalava gowda = Raag Bhairav

I, minor ii, iii, IV, V, minor vi, vii

Damn it. Power cut.
    Comments later.

13. ronnieanand

No.....

Maaya Maalava Gowla and Not Maaya Maalava Gowda like Kempa Gowda :p:

The intervals are

i, minor ii, iii, sharp iv, v, minor vi, vii

you have put iv. There is not iv in the scale...It's only Sharp 4 or Flat 5, however you want to call it....

14. thehundredthone

^ Sorry ronnie, gotta disagree with you there.
    It's a IV and not a sharp IV.

Nice song. Liked the opening riff a lot.

15. ronnieanand

Sorry....you are right.....It's 4th...I was working on Thodi Raag now which doesn't have a 4th and has a sharp 4th. So got confused there....

16. thehundredthone

^ Must be the Carnatic Raga Thodi

In Hindustani Raga Todi (Of Thaata Todi) is I, minor ii, minor iii, sharp IV, V, minor vi, vii

17. ronnieanand

Same....In Carnatic also the Thodi is i, bii, biii, #iv, v, bvi, vii

I was confused with the #iv in this to iv in the Maaya Maalva Gowla....

18. ronnieanand

You are looking for it in the wrong places.....

19. thehundredthone

Oh alright, I had thought this was Thodi according to you

Are you the same guy who wore that orange kurta at Sunday Jam? (at Kanakpura road, the day it rained)

20. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ LOL!! Yup.. Must be!!