Pink Floyd

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Theguitarist, Feb 18, 2006.

?

Pink Floyd's music to you is:

1. ultra music

40.5%
  2. one of my favs

32.4%
  3. good

8.1%
  4. some songs are good

10.8%
  5. not my type

5.4%
  6. I have not listened them much

2.7%
  1. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

For every example there are 10 not so perfect ones :p: :|

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Hehehe, make that a 100.

3. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Pink Floyd PINK FLOYD PINK FLOYD.....!!!!!!!!!!! Davifd Gilmour is not in the Guitar Hall of Famr e for nothing.. He has earned his place out there... so has every meber of Pink FLOYD earned themselves there name in Music....
    Syd Barret to is in the Guitar hall of Fame.... In fact if I am not wrong it was Syd Barret who thaught David Gilmour to play the guitar...
    For all those of you who find PINK FLOYD BORING>>> GO GET A LIFE.

4. bsharp

bsharp New Member

PinkFloyd is my fav band...
    Very unique in their composition....very very different...I just can't find any parallel to pinkFloyd..
    It can be said that they are the pioneers of rock music.
    David Gilmour and Roger Waters are inspirational...

The guitar piece in the song "Is any body out there" from WALL is sensational....I can go on like this with such examples ...
    Floyds ROX..:rock: :rock: :rock:

5. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

^^^^^^^^ +1 David Gilmour is Phenominal... Syd barret is good too. I agree with you very Unique.... The only other band whichsounds like Pink Floyd LOL LOL is THE ROGE WATERS BAND which ofcourse would sounfd like PINK FLOYD.

6. bsharp

bsharp New Member

Some more...
    "Shine on you crazy Diamond..."
    "Mother.."
    "Is any body out there.." (small song with only one sentence "Is any body out there"..but the guitar piece towards the end is fabulous)..
    "I was spending my time in the doldrums"

there are lots...

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Guess I need a life then.
    :cry1:

8. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

I think,no.I have read that David and Syd used to play guitar in thier lunch times toghter when they were in college,Syd didn't taught him to play.

9. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

You mean to say the song "Coming back to life" from The Divison Bell.There is no such song of them as "I was spending....".

10. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I had read that in a book called THE GUITAR HANDBOOK by by Ralph Denyer ... where he had articles on some of his Fav guitarist..... Syd Barrte was one of them alnog with VAi, Calpton, Beck , Zappa, Summners ext..Any way I am not saying I am right.. he could have taken some extra higher Coahing from Syd barret...

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    That song is Lost for Words ...... not Coming back to life.

12. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

Yeah you are right now i remember it's lost for words.Actually it's the first line of song.I thought you didn't listened to Pink Floyd alpha1 but you know the song.

13. bsharp

bsharp New Member

YEAH....LOST FOR WORDS..
    Actually it starts with "I was spending my time in the doldrums
    I was caught in a cauldron of hate "...

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hehehehehe.

15. lucifer_666

lucifer_666 New Member

if there was some band which can be compared to god.....then without blinkin i will say pink floyd.....:nw: :beer:
    :rule: :rock:
    :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

16. Strat

Strat Floydian

Lost for Words has one of my favorite acoustic riffs.

17. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

Has anyone listened to the new album 'On an Island' by David Gilmour?

My fav track is Take a breath.
    Gilmour is a magician,i say he can do anything with guitar.The solo on the song is so amazing and it does not sound anything like his other solos in previous songs.The song has very good lyrics and guitaring in the song completely fits in the theme of song which is very deep kind of tense feeling.Well that's Gilmour's speciality his music gives the perfect feel related to the song's theme,he does it the best in my opinion.
    Most of the lyrics on the album are writen by Polly Samson Gilmour's present wife.She is a writer.

18. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

I liked the title track On an Island better. Its good 2 cool solos, great vox as usual and a nice video (its on youtube, get it). I havent given the album a good listen...so much music, so little time.

19. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

There is one thing i noticed about Pink Floyd fans that they like Gilmour more than Waters.I like Gilmour more than Waters until yet but now i have listened to waters album Radio K.A.O.S some tracks.They are very good it's a concept album very good.So what do you people say who do you like more?
    I think most people have not yet listened to waters yet so first listen to his songs.
    Well,i would say gilmour may be a mile ahead of waters when solo but they both were best when toghter.

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Wasn't Rogers Waters Bassist?
    How can he solo like Gilmour in that case?