Pink Floyd Cover(Coming Back to Life)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by gi[lomu]rish, Sep 25, 2006.

1. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

im being backed up only by keyboards playin some random stuff..The song was recorded at my friends studio and it was my first experience in a live studio..i was so nervous i messed up the lyrics as well..went off keys at many places..Post in ur valuable feedbacks

https://www.megashare.com/57676

jozko likes this.
  2. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

nice to c everyone listenin to it but post some feedbacks,would appreciate it.

3. DJ-ROCK

DJ-ROCK Member

nice attempt.:rock:

4. jozko

jozko Banned

Girish, was very nice listening. I have heard many ppl speak about pink floyd. Never heard songs though. thx for exposing me to these. Nice vocals n singing. Feels it needs lot of effort to sing this. And music reminds me of start of Chris Rea's 'Road to hell'. thx for sharing and do put more. And it must have been great feeling to get access to studios. welldone. reps n rgds

5. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

well most of floyd songs are about feel..Coming back to life is just that..The song looks to be easy but is quite challenging both vocals and guitars..Not many ppl attempt playin floyd for a few reasons.1)either they just cant play it
    2)they cant recreate the actual sound onstage...Ppl only try out Brick in the wall and Comfortably numb no one looks beyond that..Just some info..but tnx on the feedback im still workin on the song to make it better

6. jozko

jozko Banned

appreciate the explanation gilmour. realize how much effort u put in. keep up the spirit

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

You have put it in Soundclip which are frequented by a lot of record labels. You have taken the music of Floyd and put it under your name. Do you know how serious it can get.. If you want, you play the whole thing with a band and then put it under your name instead of putting a Karoke vocals with the original track.

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Gilmourish....If you want to share that stuff, upload it in Rapid Share or Myspace or Megaupload and then pass the link here. Soundclick is not the right place for copyrighted material.

9. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

but i have clearly mentioned Pink Floyd cover..plus der is no guitarin some random stuff playin on the key boards..but ill try changin the name

10. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

11. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

@ronnie

i havent made any karoke thing over the song..As u can c its just keyboards being played no guitars,drums,bass nothin..As i said im backed up by Keys thats it..I wish i could make a band play a song like this, i do wish :(

12. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

relapse of my recording it was buried somewhere ..do leave some comments

13. ^ your soundclick account is blank... :annoyed:

14. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

Nice Try !!

Well buddy nice try....but to me it lacked some important time values with some bending notes...but shouldn't blmae anyone for this as its only possible for David Jon Gilmore to give some bends like a pro !! Listen to the songs of On An Island....album songs are much similar to what Floyd have created through these years...specially More & Saucerful of Secrets...atleast to me...

Anyway nice try dude...keep it up...iam planning to upload some of mine....

15. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

agree dude only Gilmour can add bring out the emotion in the song..Its a brilliant song which cant be replicated by anyone..I just get a kick out of singin it but will keep tryin to get right :)))))..id like to hear some of ur recording as well do u sing or play the guitar

16. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

17. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

ppl lookin to cover Floyd songs can check out www.gilmourish.com - the blog has quite a few mp3 backing tracks for Floyd songs....definitely worth a look.

18. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

since everyones in the mood for Pink floyd,got this old recording of mine up..listen to it if u feel like[;)]

19. god of guitar85

god of guitar85 GUITARPLAYER

man its sounds plain. a strumming wid guitar 4m second verse wud hve sounded good. also after second verse so much of a plain gap in betn.i didnt wait after tht u 2 hear. ur voice quality is good!!!

check out my version of this song.just a simple strumming wid chords sound good

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=532902