pickup trouble !!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by varun1712, Nov 27, 2007.

1. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

damn.... i can advise ppl on what pickup to buy, but when it come to myself im soooo god damn confused !!!!! i play mostly heavy,death metal..... shit like lamb of god, arch enemy, bodom, slipknot and stuff.... u get the picture... oh an its the neck pup. and i also want the Metallica the Master of Puppets and Megadeth's Hanger 18 kinda thrash tone..

i cant decide on what to buy..... what i have on my mind

1.EMG HZ4 - Alexi freekin Liaho uses it !!!! :O ! and its EMG fer god sake....used in most of Jacksons an ESP's models

2.Seymour Duncan SH-1 59 - This pup is legendary.... ppl say it can produce any kinda noise, if ur effects are good enough... ppl who used it --- Michael Amott (Arch Enemy) , this guy is one of my favs ..... Will Adler (lamb of god), this guy is one of the meanest guitarists....worship him !!!

3.Seymour Duncan SH-8 invader - this is a damn good pickup for metal..... sounds really heavy and black.... and with a few adjustments from the amp can produce really crunchy tones too..

2. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

dont go for the passive emg.. it sucks.. o know alexi uses it but he also uses some kind of gain booster system with it which a lot of people dont knopw about.. dont know abt the other two..

3. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

yea i know bout this booster and he also has some EQ........ but SD pickups are good...

4. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Im currently using a guitar equipped with EMG 81 and an 89 and i couldnt have been happier. Ive used duncans a lot and dimarzios as well. But these EMGs are just too ****ing awesome. I would suggest actives to anyone who plays metal. And the cleans are ****ing killer as well. Ill try get some clips up.

5. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

I was never a huge EMG fan. They do sound great but I've been a Dimarzio user for a long time and I couldn't be happier.

www.dimarzio.com/

Browse that and check out the clips for the tone you want. I use the Dimarzio Evolutions on both my six string and seven string, and loving them.

6. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Which band do u play in?

7. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

Oh and by the way (for the original poster), you might want to consider the fact that those artists you mentioned, their tone mainly comes from their fingers and the amps they use. Consider saving up for a really nice amp? A nice amp can make any guiitar sound better.

8. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

^^yeah man i knw that........... but gettin these as gifts... an **** it, iave already ordered SD JB in the bridge and SD '59 for the neck !!! killer combo...can handle everything !!!

9. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

Never mind, I reread your post. Congratulations on your decision. The Duncan set you ordered is definitely really good.

10. Shreddy

I love my EMG so much now. 85 and 81 ftmfw!!!

I liked the JB and 59 in the Michael Amott sig (ESP) as well! Purely br00tal.

11. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

yup !!! i love that guy !!! these r pretty versatile..... i mean i can play anything !!! didnt hav the choice of that before on my stocks !!

12. Shreddy

yeah seeing his guitar , kikos and the RZK personally was just WOW