Pickup suggestions for Les Paul please?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ustdjohnny, Jun 23, 2009.

1. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

2. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

try the dimebuckers........

3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Dimebuckers? Recommending hot pickups for someone who wants to play blues and jazz based stuff?

I'd lean towards alnico pickups.

@ustdjohnny: Your idea seems to be good. Sorry I can't help you on sourcing those pickups though.

4. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

lmao........i just fitted emg 81 in my guitar.....m in luv wid it.......u can thank me for not recommending dose...........but the thing is that the dimebuckers have a sorta bright tone to them....so thats why i adviced him dose.......

5. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

Thanks, guys. @angel, I think i'll give Dimebuckers a miss, because simply metal is not my cup of coffee. @hundredthone, very nice Eric Johnson cover. Where did you find the backing tracks?
    cheers
    Sumit
    www.summitattempt.in

6. guitarfan018

guitarfan018 New Member

alnico would be good..

7. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Thanks. I got it from guitarbt.com I think.

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

The JB might be too hot for your needs. You would be better off with a Pearly Gates or a 59. Another killer SD pickup that goes under the radar is the PATB-3 Blues Saraceno. Overall,stick with vintage voiced, under or around 10K DC resistance pickups(like the ones mentioned above). In the Dimarzio camp, I would have recommended a Virtual PAF neck/Virtual Hot PAF bridge but they are discontinued now.

9. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

Thanks nebuchadnezzar. Helps a lot. Now if I can only find these here...