Pickup Selection!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by aryasridhar, Dec 29, 2011.

1. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

I posted several ads on places and couldn't find a buyer sadly for my ESP EX 260, So I have changed my mind now and will keep this guitar (Will have to arrange more funds now from other sources for the Gibby I want)

Its a great guitar and plays really well for my needs. It has a Seymour Duncan JB SH-4 in the Bridge position, it is a High Gain pickup, a little trebly but the notes come out really awesome....I now want to invest a little cash and add a good picukup at the Bridge position, will get rid of the stock ESP picukup I have there, It is tooo Bassy and I need to cut that a little.....Please suggest a good pickup for the bridge position.

I play Blues/Classic & Hard Rock and Metal.

I was looking at SH-1n 59 or the SH-2n and read some reviews of these, seems they pair up well with the SH-4...What are your views on it?
    Any experience with these pickups?

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i think u need a pup for the neck position

3. director83

director83 New Member

He is complaining of the existing one bassy already. Won't a neck pick up, by position, result in bassy/mellow sound?

4. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Thank you for correcting me Ricky.

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i think he is not replacing the bridge pickup.. he wants to replace the neck one and IMO SH-2n is a good choice indeed..
    On the other hand i'll suggest the OP to fiddle a little with the volume and tone knobs as well to see if he gets the desired sound out of it..

6. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Hi Ricky, You are right, I want to replace the Neck Pickup and not the Bridge Pickup......
    The Neck pup sounds bassy even with the tone rolled on completely, Notes do not have a very clear definition with that pup, hence was looking to replace the neck pup.

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Dude you can consider buying an EQ pedal as well... It really helps... or at least try ur guitar with some EQ pedal.. Get it to my place.. we'll check it out.. :]

8. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Sure will do, how much would a good EQ Pedal cost?

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

look out for a Boss GE-7 or MXR 10 Band EQ depending on your budget.. I have no idea bout the prices though..

10. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

I am looking for something that is not trebly or bass heavy, looking for something with a balanced tone.
    I feel the SH1n 59 would be good for warm cleans and distortion - not sure though......please help me out.....

11. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

So i checked with Furtodos and they have the SH1n 59, I am kind of inclined towards that pickup, But the problem is they have it in white and my guitar is black :(.......wondering if i can get pup covers, furtados doesn't have it

12. deepsal

deepsal New Member

me intrested in the jb 59 set

13. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

You want that for both neck and bridge positions?

14. deepsal

deepsal New Member

^ yup a i will be getting a new guitar in april a ltd h1001 to exact will be needing the pups then