Pickup Prices

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by master_o_puppet, Oct 6, 2004.

1. master_o_puppet

master_o_puppet New Member

hi guyz... i wanna know the prices of the following pickups in india (if available):
    Seymour Duncan:
    1. SH-6
    2. LW-HMET
    EMG:
    1. 81
    2. ZW SET

Any help...???

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i dont think they are available in mumnai at least..u jsut get japanese ones no americans

3. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

I've got one set of Zakk Wylde. Bought it for a LP which I was was modifying but then got my own Zakk Wylde Gibson LP
    so its not being used.
    Entire Zakk Wylde Set. Look at pic.
    Bought it in the UK for £189.00 . Will be cheaper in the US.
    I will be in Bombay in December so if you are interested let me know.

Attached Files:

4. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

At MOP.. i can get you any of those too.. By OCT end..

5. pro..how much will i have to shell out if i want 2 buy ur pick ups??

6. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

Thats the price man. Convert to rupees.
    If you have someone coming down from the states. find out the prices. Might get it cheaper. I can possibly reduce a tenner[approx rs 850] or so. But they are still expensive.
    Experiment, try out guitars which your friends use. find out what pickups they use.
    If you want to sound like Zakk Wylde, It doesn;'t come from the guitar alone, he uses:

AMPS
    • Marshall 2203ZW Zakk Wylde Signature 100w Head
    • Marshall JCM 800

EFFECTS
    • Used to use Morley Wah but now Dunlop JH-1 wah pedal (with signature Zakk Dunlop wah on the horizon)
    • Dunlop Rotovibe
    • Boss CE-5 Stereo Chorus Ensemble and or Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
    • Boss Super Overdrive

End of the day its your call mate.

7. its not the question of soundin like zakk wylde......
    actually ive got a les paul copy which sounds pretty good...
    just wanted to go for an upgrade in my pick ups....
    dude .......im gettin into zakk wyldes playin nowadays and ive checked his gear out on the net..man ..u shouldnt have taken the trouble to type dude..anyway
    thanks for lettin me know anyway ..

8. jayanth

If you dont have people coming down, Tell me.. I'll help you..

9. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

No disrespect mate.

10. jayanth my mom flies for air india actually...
    i just dont want her to buy me anythin rite now...saving money to go for an upgrade
    ..lots of stuff yet to buy man..need a better amp,better pedals,better everythin..
    will let u know if i think ive got enough money saved..
    hey actually im tryin to sell my givson gs lead-2...do u know anyone who wants to buy it..used for only abt a year...the bridge is fucked up tho..
    i got it for 7800..how much do u think it will go for...its in pretty neat condition otherwise.

11. jayanth

Givson.. - I would never buy one.. Or sell one.. I kind of Hate Givson.. Anyother help yo ucan ask me or Pro.. Both of us can help to our limitations..

12. i hate it too ...but i already got it .........cant help it now rite...
    what to do.??i dont want to be stuck with it for the rest of my life...
    besides i got it from silliguri and they dont have any other guitars..its the only place nearer to my hometown where i finished my 12th which has a music store..so i had no option but to buy the best from the worst!!

13. jayanth

I would suggest you keep it as a memory.. Even by chance if i had bought a givson in the beginning which i didnt I would not have sold it..

14. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

tell you what. If you gig , save it as a backup.
    Upgrade to reasonably decent pickups. and setup your guitar.
    Worse comes to worse you'll always need a backup.
    I don't think anyone really buys Givsons second hand.

15. jayanth

@ Proi:- givson Pickups are moulded.. cannot be changed.. Cause they use oinnovative pickups which we dont get outside..

16. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

sorry, I know nothin abt Givsons actually.

Important tip for Newbies: Always Buy with a resale value/upgradable.
    I bought a Tokai a while back really cheap, the kinda price you'd pay for an epiphone but they are as good as the gibsons and now that people have realised their value, they now sell for more than £600.

17. jayanth

@ Pro:- Nothing great about those guitars.I'veheard of Tokai.. Never found one in India..

18. memory.......yeah i played my first gig with it ....and we screwed up the song so bad that the audience actually clapped before we finished the song...lol.

19. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

here's mine

What? a Tokai. I've got a Tokai Les Paul, and it rocks. I've got Seymour Duncan Pickups Sh-4 on this one. Incredible Finish.
    Anyone want to try it out, keep in touch. I will be down in bombay -christmas.

Attached Files:

20. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

they originally come with PaF vintage MKII which I still uses on an epiphone.