Pick gaurd buzz!!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by akkyy21, Jun 24, 2005.

1. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

ok,.. am facing a problem,... wen i strumm or pick on my guitar's first 2 strings. (The lower most) I get a strong buzzing sound. And wen i touch my pick gaurd, the buzz stops, also i can feel the pick gaurd vibrating at the same time.

So,... is it the pick guard which is making a problem??
    Shd I thighten the screws on the pick gaurd as much as i can???

Any help would be appreciated!

2. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

For better understanding,..... of pick gaurd,..

Attached Files:

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

buzzz would come from the strings being too low ... or the neck getting distorted so that the frets are quite high ... which will cause buzz ...

try to raise the bridge ... if the buzz persists then there might be prob with the bridge ... or the board ...

4. shak

shak Harrr!

strange!! .. the buzzing can be a problem with les paul style pickguards .. (held with screws) but the guards on accoustics are glued on .. hey cant buzz or rattle, must be soemthing else ... see if the tuning pegs are lose, or the tuning posts ... could be fret buzz as well ...

5. pure_angel

pure_angel New Member

ur fretboard is bent!!!... change ur bridge... truss rod get bent sometimes when u dont lose the strings when your not playing... buy another guitar... i had this frickin problem...

6. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

OK,.. guyssssssssss,...

I play ma guit everyday... so no question of the gretboard getting bent,...
    The bridge is pretty high already,....
    My acoustic's Picjk gaurd has screws to it.

Thnx for the replies,.. but still lookin for more sugegstions,.. now i'll tighten the pick gaurd n see.

7. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Worked ,............. :)

8. shak

shak Harrr!

what was wrong? were those the screws??

9. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

YEs,.... the pick gaurd was a liiiiiiiiiil loose,... but it did create a reasonable amount of buzz wen the lower strings were striked. So,.. tightened the screws,.. n now its back to its spectacular self. :)