Petition for reinstatement of Spy

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by waleed (London), May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Just give them a break and give us some mods and see how things tide over. if they dont do so well ban us all.

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Yeah thats 100% truth coming from his mouth.

3. @Neo there is no point banning people like this.. if u really want igt to be clean then appoint some mods..

this one kick out policy is not good.. give them warning or ban them for one week or a month.. if they still dont understand then u can ban them forever...

just a thought!

4. godsaint

godsaint FLOYDIAN MEMORIES

I know, you have a job to do, a hectic one at that, and you are doing a pretty decent job. But what you need to understand is banning is not the solution. Mods is the answer. I mean, when you come back and visit a thread suddenly, you get the picture that people are going off topic. But can it not be the case that there was already some discussion going on, and due to some reason, it was again picked up? Regular readers of all posts are hence necessary. An it is not humanely possible for one man to do so.

5. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

yeah Spy_Game and Yazi should be given another chance :(

6. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Make me mod of the Guitar Gear talk section. That laney needs a real spanking! :aggre:

7. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^AHAHAHAHAH U share the same sentiments as me

8. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

^^^No one dares to spank laney.
    Hez just a lil kid with an amazing gear knowledge out there.
    Besides you are being offtopic...just wink and u will get banned.:p:
    Implies to me too.:eek::

@Topic--> Neo this way we are leading to the russian hangover.
    Big forum but not a single member.

I was out of IGT for the weekend and when i come back.Bingo.alls gone.

Plz Neo bring them back:nw:
    Spy and yazi.
    After getting so many reps if you need to start all over again..then it really $ucks:think:

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Spank me? Ill hunt you down and abuse you with my ibanez' pointy headstock.

10. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

^offtopic......

*topic*
    Lord Neo's right it does ruin da thread........................................bt da only answer is mods...............u run alone den u dont hve tym for warnings...........bt if dere r mods dey can give atleast a warning to da posters in da thread itself dat dey r goin oftopic..................

11. i think purpose of this thread is not solved and according to Neo's Theory it should be closed.

One strike policy on IGT
    From now onwards we are implementing a one strike policy. Anybody who spams for violates any other rule gets banned instantly without any prior warning. People who have a problem with anyone getting banned should leave instantly or get banned with them.

12. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

I think you guys need to understand that Mods are not magicians, they have lesser power than the admins. What will Mods do that is not already being done by the admins?

I see here that everyone thinks Mods are the answer to everything that’s wrong in the world. This is happening because we have been sitting on picking the Mods idea and seeing that you don’t have a single genuine idea so you are raking up the Mods issue.

Basically what you are saying is "sorry we will go off-topic and spam but if you ban us that’s unfair" please elect the mods so that they could do the same thing but as it is the Mods who are banning us and warning its a ok.

I am surprised that no ones saying "hey it’s wrong to go off-topic" that doesn’t even seem to be an issue here it’s like a broken record that plays the same thing "elect the mods".

Basically it’s just a bunch of selfish guys here who want to do mischief but don’t want to pay the price.

Please understand that we don’t ban anyone for no apparent reason, I mean why should we? are getting anything by banning people? The reason is we must have some sort of an order, we are responsible to see to it that there is order. We can warn you like six times and even then you insist on doing the same thing again? Thinking oh I have friend who will open threads for me and raise bloody hell until they unban me? You want us to allow everyone talk shit in each forum, you want us to allow you to flame people? You want us to allow you to do whatever the hell you want? Would that be the kind of admin and mods you want? You don’t want us to ban people because the have been members for x amount of time? You don’t want us to ban people because they are your friends? Even if all have them have been warned and yet continue to the same shit again?

If so I am very sorry but my job is not to make you happy. I can’t just let people do whatever the hell they want. All we ask is that you follow the rules is that so much? You will be warned but even after that you continue the same then I am sorry I don’t care who you or who you are friends with or how many posts you have made or how many friends you have to root for you. If you break the rules I will kick you out That’s the way how it is whether you like it or not. You can freely talk shit about me and tell everyone how bad and unjust I am but I will continue to do my duty without any prejudice if that’s so bad then yes I am that bad.

13. r u sure u r not biased while banning people?

14. shak

shak Harrr!

clap clap clap ..

i've been here for a long time .. and one thing i know is that we had this problem last year, the year before that and the year before. people have been spamming and making off-topic posts since ever .. and we never had any such problem in the past

people are not afraid of getting banned! they can always move on or find a proxy and come back ...its only when they are banned for some pathetic reason and for something very very trivial that they want to come back at you and question your decisions ...

one strike thingy sounds good .. but now i think we know it isnt working

and bring back spy would you? he was and excellent person and his record speaks volumes of it.

15. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

^ please refer my previous thread for an answer.

^^ Why would i be biased?

16. ^ its just i want to know..

17. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

excuse me?

18. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Well, im at a lot of other forums and going off topic is not a big deal at all.

19. So your answer is NO. u were not biased. okk... We will see Mr Neo that whoever goes off topic you will be there to ban him/her.

20. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

As I said earlier, offtopic can be fun many a times. Banning people like Gaurav_bravo and company is understandable because that's mischief.

Spy has made thousands of posts and you ban him for a few posts here and there? You're overlooking something.

Of course spy didn't intend mischief because if he did, he wouldn't be contributing to the site. He is the most active member in the Football thread and I learn many things just from his posts.
    Rest assured, Spy is not a selfish guy.

I totally understand what situation you are in neo so don't take all these comments personally.

It is just that you should expand your thought horizons a li'l bit at times when it comes to banning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.