Performance suggestion

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by lazy_headbanger, Oct 30, 2008.

1. lazy_headbanger

lazy_headbanger New Member

hey ppl,I have been learning electric guitar for like 4.5 months.please give suggestions where i am going at the right pace or nor.
    I able to play "tornado of souls-megadeth" and "mouth for war-pantera" (examples)at the original tempo(the rhythm part) and can keep up with the megadeth solo till 3:47(first part of the arpeggio).
    Is it fine or i need to practise more??

don't have a processor to record it nicely and recording softwares suck big time.

2. zak*wylde

zak*wylde New Member

dude u shud never limit practicing.......practice as if there is no tommorow

3. lazy_headbanger

ya dude that's true but the thing is i can churn out max to max 1.5 hour of practise everyday.neway, well said mate !

4. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

dats kool buddy.......i get to pick up da guitar once in three days or sumthing.............bt do ur scales properly...........dey are reeli important...

5. lazy_headbanger

Ya man.making original stuff gets irritating sometimes, that too if your playing alone.and combining scales to make them sound good is tougher than rocket science to me!

6. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Just make sure that you learn to play cleanly.
    I really doudt you could play it cleanly in 4-5 months. But if you are playing it cleanly its really great.

7. lazy_headbanger

yeah man.in my first month i used to practise late till night just make a major scale sound like a scale.lol
    i paid a lot of attention to it in the initial phase.i actually started "covering" anything in the last month.was getting my theory and basics right!!