Pepper spray!!!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by mermaid, Jan 11, 2013.

1. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

How many times in your life have you been "chivalrous" towards an able-bodied man?

3. mermaid

mermaid New Member

I haven't, but they have been chivalrous, i don't think uve evr been chivalrous to anybody till date, have u? :)

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I don't believe in the social concept called chivalry.

Anyway you did prove my subtle point.
    Chivalry flows only ONE WAY. Man => Woman.

So in one post you do claim:
    but my dear chivalry is just not between a man and a woman, chivalry shud b a part of each human being

but in the second you have said straightaway that you've never shown any kind of chivalry towards an "able bodied" man. In fact its these men only who have been chivalrous to you.

BTW just so that you and the thread knows about this, Chivalry comes from institution called knight hood which had these following instructions ingrained:
    - Believe the Church's teachings and observe all the Church's directions.
    - Defend the Church.
    - Respect and defend all weaknesses.
    - Love your country.
    - Do not recoil before an enemy.
    - Show no mercy to the Infidel. Do not hesitate to make war with them.
    - Perform all duties that agree with the laws of God.
    - Never lie or go back on one's word.
    - Be generous to everyone.
    - Always and everywhere be right and good against evil and injustice.

Funny, is the modern concept of chivalry anyway connected to this?
    Its just that the turn of this century saw idiots like Mills & Boon catering to the bigger idiots and thus has borne the concept: modern day chivalry = man showing extra courtesy to a woman (the same man could act ultra nasty to other men at the exact same time, but that doesn't matter)

5. mermaid

mermaid New Member

Excuse me!! i haven't been chivalrous to an healthy man, doesn't mean i havn't been chivalrous, chivalry is a gesture. you can use it where u feel the need is, i am not a follower of such customs, but i feel its required to show some respect towards, woman, elderly people etc.... i don't mind being chivalrous to a guy as well. but that will make the guy look g.a.y....

6. wylder

wylder Member

Is someone mistaking chivalry for being considerate?

I guess the modern use of chivalry is generally used in the sense of being considerate to women...

Maybe it was in a sense derived from the fact that in many early martial arts and military customs, it was prohibited to attack women and children as they were considered unable to defend themselves.

7. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

What is chivalrous? Respecting someone? Or helping the weak? Or being soft on someone?

8. mermaid

mermaid New Member

No wylder wat i was trying to explain was, that "chivalry or according to u being considerate"is not required in gal or boy it shud b thr in every human being as i believe. i may not be knowing the technicalities of being chivalrous, i have mentioned my definition of chivalry.