PEN is MIGHTIER than a Sword..but shud it be used like one??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Ankur_Scorpio, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Nobody here seems to care that most private media are true money making acts. They put up what gets the most attention, that'll get them the most money. And only a few private media acts like sun tv and rai uno are really run by politicians and thats for convincing people to vote for those politicians. But most of the media companies are for people who support a party already (much like CNN). There's not much convincing there.

But hey, its cool to hate the media now, so go on. The non islamic media has evil plans to destroy the whole of islam. Theyre the secondary reason why 9/11, suicide bombings in iraq...etc occur.

What do you expect? Objective media? Good luck if youre looking for some such thing.

2. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

@apurbajd .. Media is surely not doin 9/11.. london bomb blast etc .. but they're doin somethin even bigger .. they're relating each an every act of terror to ISLAM.. They create hype.. n brother Jihad doesn't mean killin innocent people .. JIhad means a struggle in da way of GOD .. dat struggle can be anythin a struggle to quit drinkin for eg. .. but Media has fed into da people's brains dat JIHAD means killin innocent people .. Islamic teachings says he who killed an innocent human has killed da entire humanity.. Jihad is da biggest misconception amongst non muslims.. Acts of terrorism are to be related to terrorists .. not Islam .. U mentioned 9/11 n london attacks but wat stopped u from mentionin da Killin of 1.5 million Iraqi people .. n Oppression n slayin of palestinians using atomic bombs by Israel?? that's somethin fun for u isn't it? atleast be fair ..

3. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Well, you nailed the fact. The media is hiding this from us. The media is so controlled by the jews that even al jazeera is forced not to talk about this.

And what are the people supposed to do when the terrorists themselves say that theyre doing it for islam and theyre on the frontlines....etc?
    Its a bit like killing the non believers in europe in the mid ages. You cant blame all of the people who follow the religion.
    The terrorists call themselves true to that religion and so do the peacefull people. What are we supposed to believe?
    ps: I know loads of muslims (i like them) who are against terrorism aswell so dont start "dont stereotype all muslims, there are loads of peace loving muslims...you guys are really ignorant..etc" That really sounds like an 8 year old kid. (reminds me of such a voice, it really does)

4. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

okey Jihad may be the biggest misconception among non-muslims but who is to blame for it? I guess the terrorist who after each and every gruesome act gives the excuse of Jihad are more to be blamed for this than the media... And regarding the atomic bomb by Israel...shsna.. has said it all....

and bro ... no its not any fun for me. Any act of terrorism by the terrorist or state run terrorism is never agreeable.Iraq happened so did Vietnam and in future may be Korea. But what differentiates among them is the way they are perceived. Any thing happenning against any Islamic country is taken against Islam the religion and not that perticular country. Even if the motto might be far from religion ..... and thats where everything goes so messy. The blend of politics and religion has always been a very deadly one. And this blend is mostly available in Islamic countries.

Good people bad people all are part of the community. And they are there in every community. No one can single out any perticular race, religion, community saying ..they are the good people. And bad people also represent their community and create a certain impression with their acts. bro ... their is no smoke without any fire .... The teaching of Islam are one of the greatest humanity can ever get. But the concern here is not the preaching but the practice. I agree there are a lot Muslim ( in fact most of the Muslims) who are true beleiver and they practice what they preach. But there are ceratin people who use it wrongly. And the reason of all these mis-conception is becuase those ceratin people are more vocal and makes more noise.So I guess, media alone is not to be blamed for this ...

5. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Right,........ "PEN is" MIGHTIER than a Sword!!

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

ALL:
    This is what I HAVE OBSERVED time and again, tell me if I am wrong:

Whenver ppl like Togadia & Co. have said/done anything that is militant in nature or acts of extreme narrow minded, ppl from their own religion have always discounted, criticized, condemned them.

Whenever there is a terrorist attack, whenever jihad etc is being done. I have never seen a muslim condemning it.

Infact untill now, none of teh muslims here (except Shak) have admitted taht whatver the Jihadis are doing is actually wrong and condemned any such acts (whether or not they are done in the name of religion).

Infact what we hear is justification of their acts (eg Denmark vs Islam, Palestine vs Israel)

Tell me d00ds what impression should all this give me?
    You all being educated ppl. What should I expect of an un-educated, totally clergically misled Muslim.
    ?
    ?
    ?

7. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Personally..i think all the talks about jihad and terrorism is being blown apart--way out of proportion.

Im telling you..not one Arab that i have met in my entire life of living in the middle east has given "jihad" a thumbs up. And when i say jihad im talking about the recent "terror attacks" that osma presumably narrates on tv and sends them to us, very nicely.

Personally i thnk its one whole f***in scam. I dont believe a shit the US says about terror and the war and the crap that muslims do. No one..not even the fanatical wahabi imams in Saudia accept these attacks.

Besides, considering all the hi-htech crap the us has..how hard is it to find the world's most wanted man who walks around with a dialysis machine in his side???? *fail to mention that the life support machine is made in the US*

I dont believe it..and i seriously think that although jihad has always been blown up in proportion..its not being done.. this isnt jihad..Its all a bunch of political sh*t that the world is trying to figure out.

8. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

DUDE..
    where the hell have you been????
    Every muslim in this gdmn world is against it!!

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

OYE!
    Learn to read the whole post.

I said somthing about IGT members also beneath it.
    Search the previous posts and see for yourself who was trying to protect/justify such acts and who was condemning it.

You surely havent lived in a muslim community. It is quite apparent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.