PEN is MIGHTIER than a Sword..but shud it be used like one??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Ankur_Scorpio, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

Dont know if mods would allow this kinda thread but i am just curious wht everyone's reaction is to the current affairs on Caricature issue which is growing worldwide...at a rapid pace!!

My own view is that it is very wrong of danish guys to hurt someone in the name of Freedom of Speech....as any person from a democratic nation would know that....Freedoms are just the one side of a coin and the other side is DUTIES...

so Freedom of speech is not there to be abused.....which happened in the case of Danish newspaper issue

But i also feel tht the issue is goin out of hands....too much violence because of one stupid editor...

Wht do u guys see the end of this?? some kinda apology or another of those issue which will linger on for ages...and be a reason for animosity between Danish people and muslims.

PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN A SWORD but in this case its acting like a Nuclear War Head!

2. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

It'll continue fr a few more days and die down
    IT really is very wrong of wat that newspaper did
    Thats discriminatin against a religion!!

Pen is mightier then the sword it can be used to defeat enemies but not Make fun
    of a religion>

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Fair point. One to which I have no answer really. At least not one which will not be a nuclear warhead itself.

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmmm
    You know few years earlier Some "activists" vandalised MFHussain's paintings which depicted some dieties/gods.
    The movie Tombraider also faced some problems coz of the Buddha statue scene.

Speaking frankly and logically your crib is no different from those crib.
    Anything figure of expression can be construed as dis-respect to one's belief/religion etc. Doenst mean you stop expressing it.

Christ has been made scapegoat of the worst of the jokes, yet we have never seen such a big protest or demonstration against the "perpetrators".

Why is it that these ppl always have that fear, that insecurity.
    Why dont they have it in their blood to take everything easily, lightly.

There are more pressing issues in this world, which needs to be dealt with urgency.

Why not devote yourself to those really necessary causes?

PRAY, why not create a thread on those issues?

shsnawada likes this.
  5. shak

shak Harrr!

good points ... yes all this situation is a testament to the very title of this thread ..

and for the first question: well i think yes, all this reaction is a bit over the top ... enough is enough now the authorities must think about taking care of these violent demonstrators.

6. shak

shak Harrr!

@alpha : naa man the dan brown's da vinci code had the vatican standing on the toes and callin him all sorts ...

7. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

Stop degressing from the issue at hand..the idea of this thread is not to express ur personal thoughts on other religions.....and anyways these statements carry no weight...because they r discriminatory....terming fellow citizens as "THEY and THESE"
    u r defying the very logic of democracy!

Be matured enough to understand that every individual carries a unique identity....u might have heard/read abt DNA... :p: Thus its illogical to place certain people in one category and pass comments.....

My REQUEST : Please dont turn this thread int another of ur religious fighting arenas!!! Be Cool

:beer:

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

shak: Correct, but did the ppl go violent? Did the ppl invoke name of religion to take law unot thier hands?

Scorp: d00d, agreed everyone is an individual blah blah, but tell me frankly waht I wrote was my view on the situation.
    And since this situation involves ppl of certain religion, I couldn't help mentioning the fact.

AM not against any religion.
    But definitly against the way they are being run.

And the way they are becoming more important than other basic needs.

9. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

What do you think would be an effective measure of "taking care of". Every gdmn person says that...but what the heck do you really think can be done? Theres always rhetorical talk..but no one has the guts to do anything about.

Everything that has been said in this thread i agree with..its terrible how there are ppl who cn do such inhuman things...but its always been there..and as long there are differences within our human race-be it religion, color or whatever..you are going to have problems.

I mean over here in the states , some of the politics that have been going on are jst bullsh*** buts its there...and because there are people dumb enough to support it..it wont cease to exist.

Its absolutely crazy..how i have to sit in my pol. science class and jst listen to some of the crap that goes on..but you cant do anything about it. :aggre:

As long as you have crazya$$ ppl in power and contrl..you gnna have to live a tight life.

10. shak

shak Harrr!

woa~ ^ raff! i am surprised :)

well .." taking care of ".. hmm ... here in uk authorities are "taking care of" trouble makers ... one of them has been recalled to prison .. a famous "captain hook" cleric has been sentenced to 7 years .. well thats well taken care of isnt it?a lesson for who ever wants to go out and incite murder on placards again ..

and what else can be done? be FAIR! ....honestly .. if you think about it .. this word "FAIR" can do wonders in these modern times ...

the politics? i dunno man ... thats how it is ..

11. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Well other religions have been mocked at aswell. But the reaction was very different. I always think, what if there was to be an anti islamic slayer like band.
    And i also think burning down austrian embassies is not the solution. Nor is generalization that everyone in the west loves that cartoon (blaming a government for a private media scandal is not very good IMO).

12. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

That is wrong (i'm 99.9% sure), so that changes your discriminatory stuff.

13. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

@alpha1 .. ur indirect addressin of THESE n THEY shows ur dislike towards da muslims .. it was scornful n sarcastic .. but u know wat .. MORE THAN 1 BOOK EVERYDAY ON AN AVERAGE IS WRITTEN AGAINST ISLAM .. negativity is being fed into people's brains against Islam.. so no surprise dat u wrote things like .. fear, security n "y don't they have it in their blood" statements .. *PEACE* :)

14. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

@ notty - Agreed....media plays a big role...and lack of responsibility by the holders of pen is partly the reason we r in this mess!

15. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

LOL..whts so surprsing??! ;)

Alrite..fine. So you lock up a murderer..thats good--but not something that shud be made a big deal..for gods sake thats wht the feds/cops/whatever are there for. Hell we've been trying ppl and locking em up for crmes since time began. Innocent or guilty..someone's gotta get blamed for it; which in my opinion is just sick.

Im not talking about taking care of little things like that. Im taking into consideration the bigger picture..
    Everything thats been going on in today;s world. dirty politics. Its insane. Where are the rules and regulations-when the governments are gambling and playing with the lives of their own people like marbles; where its so damn easy for them to pay media to lie to the rest of the wrld-when we cant even trust whats going on--then who gets to say wht is right and wrong..and how much power do we have?? THATS where im getting at.

Religion had never been made a bigger deal..its a freakin scapegoat for everything thats been messing up in a certain country *ahem* and they ve managed to brainwash/overpower everything other gdmn country out there in their midst and enthusiasm. Its sick i tell you.

*ahem..breathe..1, 2, 3* :eek::

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Petunia: you talk like a kid. Drive your point home in one sentence if you can.
    I stand by my comments.
    Because that is the truth. It is somethign that I have observed time and again, for each and every situation.

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Make that 100% please.

18. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

always.....almost always u should support ur statements with facts!! it can be very difficult to judge otherwise! :cool:

Bland statements are posted all over buddy.....take our politicians for a start... :p:

wht i mentioned is something taken from the indian constitution...u might have a better document...i would like to see tht one... :beer:

19. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

hmmmmm tht was wrng but wat sense its makin muslim burning flags around da wrld ?

on one hand palestine ppl say dun cut da aid for ther country to european union

nex thing hamas does is burn european embasis

they goin no wer

cumin to da point tht thing was wrong 101% agreed:shock:

20. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

@alpha1 .. u've observed dat time n again coz u've been made to observe dat infact everyone is made to observe dat .. n Islam is bein maligned by media to da fullest .. i'l end muh argument here though coz this forum's not a place for a discussion :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.