Pedals v.s Processors

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Strings dnt lie, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Vader

Vader New Member

Pedals vs Processors?

Tone - Pedals
    Durability - Pedals
    Usability - Pedals
    Cost effective ness- Processors
    Features - Processors

10k?
    go for me25 if you want recording as well cause the me25 has the most superior recording interface in its range
    else zoom g3
    there is nothing wrong with the zoom g3... i personally dont like zoom processors but have played the g3 and it was an exception... gives a very decent sound for the price..

the only reason that processors have lost the tone battle for years is because ppl dont really know how to tweak them properly... the sound that you get after proper tweaking isnt half as bad as most ppl claim it to be...
    the first important rule of a processor is readinng the manual

2. henrynh

henrynh New Member

Well normally if the band is serious about it's sound they everyone contributes towards investing in getting a private PA setup. Doesn't have to be something big, just enough to be heard properly at about ~100 meters range I guess.
    Ideally if we were in America/Europe/Japan/Singapore/Aussie/S.Africa etc.then I can see the potential of expensive instruments being utilized completely. Otherwise out here, not all that much. Half the time you do it to please your own self because you see some of your fav artists using something & you expect to get the same sonic results. At home or studio you maybe able to but live, it's about 10% chance of sounding the same way as it did in your home, to the audience anyway. If anything atleast it sounds good in the stage area ;)
    Try to save up & get a modeling amp for now from the list I gave, unless you want to be stuck with one core sound of a specific amp, which comes in handy when you aren't doing cover songs & need to build your own unique sound.