Pedal

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, Sep 13, 2004.

1. RAVISHINGBOY

RAVISHINGBOY J@CksoN BoY !

I owe u one dude ! THanx

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Thanks Pal.. Just buy me that PRS.. :)

3. RAVISHINGBOY

Well i like Warrior .. @ jakson .. wht u say ?
    hmm i was thinking to Buy in 57 Pickups ..

4. jayanth

Got for Warrior.. Its truly a guitarists' guitar..

5. RAVISHINGBOY

U got jakson na ? Jay. .which model ??

6. jayanth

KE3 Kelly..

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey I might be getting three more pedals. Any comments on these pedals. I will go ahead with purchase based on your comments. So you comments are valuable. :) I have also written as what I am thinking of them. So comments please.

1. Boss BD2 Blues Driver.
    I have an MXR. I am thinking of using this as a pre amp to get extra gain to play
    heavy stuffs. I can also use this as stand alone.

2. Korg Compressor.
    Sustain, sustain and sustain. I love sustain.

3. Arion PEQ1 Parametric Equalizer.
    Tweak Tone hell a lot.

8. RAVISHINGBOY

whts a pre amp ?

9. ronnieanand

Pre amp is a stage of amplification which is given before the main amplifier. If the input signals are weak and if these signals are amplified with a lot of gain, then the unwanted noise also gets amplified. So a pre-amp does a simple amplification of the weak input signals and get the amplitude to a level from where the amplifier can take it and amplify it further. In the pre-amp, the signal integrity is given priority over the amplification gain which is defined as Output / Input. So the pre-amp typically has a small gain compared to your actual amp where the gain is pretty important but the at same time maintaining reasonable signal integrity at the output. Hope this is clear.

10. jayanth

I have used Korg Bass Kompressor.. ITS HUGE..

I would suggest the Berhinger Parametric Equalizer to the Areion.. Its probably Cheaper too..

THe Blues driver will suit your type of music.. I have the simulator at home.. Its really something you could freak out on..

11. RAVISHINGBOY

thanx ronnieanand that cleared me !...

12. ronnieanand

No probs Ravishing boy. That was a bit of something I knew out of four years of Engineering in Electronics. :)

Hey Jayanth, I went ahead and bought all the three pedals Boss Blues Driver BD2, Arion Compressor and Korg PEQ1 Parametric Equalizer. Arion compressor is really compact not very huge infact smaller than Boss BD2. Got all these three for a neat deal of Rs.5000. I guess that should be fine.

13. jayanth

Amazing.. Now your pedal Board is pending.. Why dont you and i build one.. I would like to help.. Its really simple.. we can sit and work out the poqwer supply and I/p o/p parts and Get the base made from a carpenter.. I was just thinking about it..